Widgets Magazine

Princess Jellyfish: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Princess Jellyfish: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition)

Widgets Magazine

Princess Jellyfish: Complete Collection (DVD) (S.A.V.E. Edition) due out on 10/14/14.
    Special Features: Episode 1 & 11 Commentaries, Princess Jellyfish Heroes?, Go, Sisterhood Explorers!, Tsukimi and Jiji’s Jellyfish Tour, The Princess Jellyfish Field Guide, Promotional Videos, Textless Songs, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 07-18-2014, 09:24 AM.

Re: Princess Jellyfish: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition)

This series getting a SAVE release does not surprise me at all.

Comment

I like the cover art chosen, such a shame this has been put into S.A.V.E but it was inevitable with sales being as low as they were

Comment

Considering the flash sale of the LE sets, the arrival of Princess Jellyfish to SAVE isn't very surprising to me. The cover is decent save for the banner, pun intended.

What catches my attention most, though I know it might not mean much, is that they mention My Little Monster on the cover here as a show that's made by Brains Base. There are other shows animated by Brains Base which Funi already has ties to; Brothers Conflict and D-Frag! for example. I almost hope that it means nothing, because it's a series I would much rather see put out by NISA. Guess we'll see what happens.
        Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
        Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

It looks like this further confirms SAVE releases are going to be DVD only even if they previously released on Bluray.

Comment

Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
            This series getting a SAVE release does not surprise me at all.
            Given how much they struggled to sell through the LE's I'm actually surprised it's getting another release at all honestly.

I love the show so I'm glad it will stay in print in someway. The new cover is a really nice bit of art too
            Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Good thing I grabbed the LE in the fire sale. That being said the My Little Monster name drop out of left field is a bit odd. Hopefully that means someone picked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                That being said the My Little Monster name drop out of left field is a bit odd. Hopefully that means someone picked it up.
                Nice catch. And weird, I guess that's yet another title I mistakenly thought someone had already licensed. Whoops.
                asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                  I almost hope that it means nothing, because it's a series I would much rather see put out by NISA. Guess we'll see what happens.
                  I also want NISA to release Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. They're the only licensor that I think would take it because it's a TV Tokyo show.

Comment

It's sad that this was relegated to S.A.V.E. status while some other shows (cough Black Butler) fall under Anime Classics.
                    MAL Profile

Comment

Originally posted by bobawesome View Post
                      It's sad that this was relegated to S.A.V.E. status while some other shows (cough Black Butler) fall under Anime Classics.
                      Yeah. This show was fantastic. Truly unique. It surprises me what shows end up as Anime Classics or as a S.A.V.E title. Just goes to show you what people buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                        That being said the My Little Monster name drop out of left field is a bit odd. Hopefully that means someone picked it up.
                        Well, the manga for it is already available domestically, and it's from Kodansha, a frequent FUNi collaborator and the original Japanese manga publisher of Princess Jellyfish. Not sure if it hints that someone may have the anime, though that would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by lolitsronald View Post
                          I also want NISA to release Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. They're the only licensor that I think would take it because it's a TV Tokyo show.
                          It looks like it's an ADK show on Crunchyroll, though NISA has licensed two of those.

Comment

Sad this went to save. Such a great show.

Comment

Pretty nice group shot there, and it's quite effective at capturing what this show is all about, the sisterhood at the complex. As usual, the lime green S.A.V.E. banner just has to ruin that look. It's sad that this great show finds itself in the S.A.V.E. line, but that was to be expected considering the sharp price reduction of the LE sets.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
                              Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
                              Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X