• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: Complete Collection

Widgets Magazine
    Updated cover art

Preliminary cover art

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: Complete Collection (DVD) due out on 9/2/14.
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) due out on 9/2/14.
    Special Features: Clean Opening Animations; Clean Closing Animations
    Last edited by WTK; 06-12-2014, 04:15 PM.

Re: Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: Complete Collection

Hopefully the above image really is just a placeholder cover.
    Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
      Really!? I like it alot. Though I haven't seen the show yet so perhaps its not a good representation. But art wise it looks great
      Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

I think the image is okay, but I feel that they had to crop too much from the bottom for the BD version. I also don't really care for where they were forced to stick the logo for it either.
        "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
          Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
          Really!? I like it alot. Though I haven't seen the show yet so perhaps its not a good representation. But art wise it looks great
          I see the above image as a horrible design job, with issues ranging from color palette to asset placement and cropping.

At the very least, the titular character should not be significantly obscured by a logo; and in the case of the BD version, present as little more than a head, neck, and forearm.
          Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

I really like the image, but the blu ray suffers from the smaller image :/

Comment

Really like it, but it's missing something.

Comment

Pretty much agree on the fact that the cropping on the blu-ray is horrible. You can barely see the main characters face. I also think the cover is a little dark for the show it's representing. I'd say something more bright with some pink would be better.
                My Anime List
                Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I like the artwork a lot too, but why is Illya getting the Akarin treatment on the blu-ray version?

Comment

Yeah, that Blu-ray needs to be fixed so as to not have the protagonist peeping out from between the bottom of the cropping and the logo, but if the main artwork stays, I think it could work. I kind of like the idea of making it seem slightly closer to other parts of the franchise than it is. In this era that's unlikely to trick anyone into buying it on such an assumption, but I still find it amusing. And it does have its epic moments later on, so it's not as if it's entirely misleading.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I was expecting something a bit brighter, perhaps with a pink background. I don't really mind the cover they've chosen, though.

Comment

Pretty solid group shot there, but I think Sentai can do better than this. It's not bad, but something just is missing.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
                        Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                        Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

No changes to main cover art (minor text change). Enlarged flat/3D cover arts with disc arts and back covers added to the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            No changes to main cover art
                            That's disappointing. In the end I was really hoping they would have went with something different for this.
                            "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Pretty disappointed they went with this cover. Main gripe is that the title character is barely even on the cover. Looking at it, you'd have never guess that Illya is the one on the bottom and is the MC. Speaking of the blu-ray version of course.
                              My Anime List
                              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X