X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Fatal Fury: OVA Collection

Widgets Magazine

https://www.facebook.com/14716805531...991213/?type=1
    Fatal Fury OVA. August 26th 2014. It will include the English language dub, and the Japanese with new English subtitles.
    Last edited by WTK; 06-07-2021, 10:50 PM.

Re: Fatal Fury: Complete OVA

These covers are so clever! Really imaginative. Will definitely be picking these up
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Everyone looks great here. Was this art first used on an arcade cabinet? I think I remember it.

Comment

Much better cover than the movie cover. The star in the background seems out of place for me though.
        Avatar: Haruka from Sakura Trick

Comment

The Discotek logo and especially the "120 Minutes Complete OAV" stick out too much, but it's a nice, nostalgic piece of artwork.
          "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
          -My Collection
          --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Originally posted by Legion View Post
            The Discotek logo and especially the "120 Minutes Complete OAV" stick out too much
            It's supposed to stick out, as the cover art here (and for the "movie" release) is supposed to emulate the box art of a typical Neo Geo game.
            Joseph Klemm
            "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
            Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
            Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
            Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

Originally posted by TnAdct1 View Post
              Originally posted by Legion View Post
              The Discotek logo and especially the "120 Minutes Complete OAV" stick out too much
              It's supposed to stick out, as the cover art here (and for the "movie" release) is supposed to emulate the box art of a typical Neo Geo game.
              Nice catch. I guess blaizevincent's post wasn't sarcastic after all.

Comment

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=33

Originally posted by Ashura
                Those NeoGeo ones originally had even more classic inspiration but I felt it didn't service the artwork well enough. I'm trying to convince the guys at Discotek to do a reversible cover, but I don't think it's in the budget.
                Here's what it was originally going to be.

Last edited by NJ_; 04-11-2014, 02:02 PM.
                Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by smashwagon View Post
                  Was this art first used on an arcade cabinet? I think I remember it.
                  No, the original Fatal Fury 2 arcade artwork was by another artist. You might be thinking of Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer- Masami Obari did the character designs for that video game (and subsequent anime adaption).

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Rick View Post
                    Originally posted by smashwagon View Post
                    Was this art first used on an arcade cabinet? I think I remember it.
                    No, the original Fatal Fury 2 arcade artwork was by another artist. You might be thinking of Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer- Masami Obari did the character designs for that video game (and subsequent anime adaption).
                    Shinkiro was SNK's main artist in those days. A very good artist.

Comment

Very nice cover and tribute to the Neo Geo cart games. I wish if Discotek licenses all video games based anime and do their covers
                      Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
                        http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=33

Originally posted by Ashura
                        Those NeoGeo ones originally had even more classic inspiration but I felt it didn't service the artwork well enough. I'm trying to convince the guys at Discotek to do a reversible cover, but I don't think it's in the budget.
                        Here's what it was originally going to be.

I really wish they would have stuck with this one but the new one is really great as well so I'm happy regardless.

"Alright!"
                        Magical Girl Worshippers Unlimited - Dedicated to love, justice, frilly outfits, stunning transformations, cute talking furry mascots, and a new monster each and every week!

Gybano

Comment

Very nice and appropriate cover to use, and certainly it looks better than the movie version.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ena Ibarada, Science Fell in Love So I Tried to Prove It
                          Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                          Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            Wait, what... Mai wears pantsu??

rightinthechildhood.jpeg

Comment

I got the DVD and it has a different cover than the one listed here. It's themed after Legend of the Hungry Wolf, the first special. So, no Mai.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X