X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Fatal Fury: The Movie

Widgets Magazine

LINK
    Fatal Fury the Movie. August 26th 2014. Brand new widescreen anamorphic transfer done just for our release! It will include the English dub and the Japanese language with new English subtitles.
    Last edited by WTK; 04-13-2017, 09:01 PM.

Re: Fatal Fury: The Movie

Said it on the others but the Video Game style box art covers is epic! Really great job by Discotek
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Not quite as good as the OVA cover even though there is a lot more tits and asses. SNK rules.

Comment

It seems a little to busy for my liking but it is banking on people remembering the fighters from the video game to help sales so that is fine with me.
        Avatar: Haruka from Sakura Trick

Comment

Love this artwork but the "100 Minutes Motion Picture" needs to go. Runtimes are that the back over is for.
          "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
          -My Collection
          --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Originally posted by Legion View Post
            Love this artwork but the "100 Minutes Motion Picture" needs to go. Runtimes are that the back over is for.
            That is a rather large eyesore, isn't it?
            Watching: Legend of Legendary Heroes, Hellsing Ultimate
            Reading: Oh! My Goddess, Kurohime, Battle Angel Alita: Last Order

Comment

Originally posted by Legion View Post
              But taking that away would kill the video-game-box-parody!

It is a rather unusual approach for a cover, but paying homage to the old Neo-Geo covers is a rather funny idea.
              I'll get it right....one of these days.

Comment

The cover is a little too busy for my liking. The logo for the video game adaption in the bottom right corner is cute. Discotek media is definitely a company that has fun with its releases.
                Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=33

Originally posted by Ashura
                  Those NeoGeo ones originally had even more classic inspiration but I felt it didn't service the artwork well enough. I'm trying to convince the guys at Discotek to do a reversible cover, but I don't think it's in the budget.
                  Here's what it was originally going to be.

Last edited by NJ_; 04-11-2014, 02:02 PM.
                  Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

I like it. Mai Shiranui isn't in "damsel in distress" mode like she was on the original Viz release.

Comment

This cover is quite busy here, but it definitely works. Especially given its fighting game origins and the video game box look. That's just a huge improvement over the original Viz release considering that this is based off a fighting game, after all.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ena Ibarada, Science Fell in Love So I Tried to Prove It
                      Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                      Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/508476668134952960

Comment

Although you can't see it in the pic above, it's worth noting that the back cover erroneously lists the aspect ratio as 1.33:1 full screen.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
                            Here's what it was originally going to be.
                            Yeah, I know. I designed it!

Re: 16:9 goof. That will be fixed in a reprint I hear.

Comment

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...86235272704000
                              FATAL FURY: THE MOTION PICTURE also coming to Blu-ray Disc! Will include all the DVD special features.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X