Widgets Magazine

-Nekomonogatari Black- Tsubasa Family Set (LE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] -Nekomonogatari Black- Tsubasa Family Set (LE)

Widgets Magazine

http://www.aniplexusa.com/nekomonogatariblack/ | http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa4801
    -Nekomonogatari Black- Tsubasa Family Blu-ray Set (LE)

Blu-ray Specs
    Languages: Japanese
    Video: 16:9 Widescreen
    Audio: Linear PCM/Stereo
    Subtitles: English
    Total Run Time: Approx. 107 min.
    Rating: 13 UP

Bonus Contents & Materials
    ■BAKEMONOGATARI Digest Video
    ■MONOGATARI Series 2nd Season Trailer
    ■Textless Opening and Ending
    ■Deluxe Booklet
    ■Pinup Postcard Set
    ■Packaging Illustrated by AKIO WATANABE (chatacter designer)
    *Bonus contents and materials subject to change.

Coming 4/22/2014
    Pre-orders Begin 2/18

SRP: $64.98
    Sales Price: $49.98
    Last edited by WTK; 04-22-2014, 12:35 AM.

Re: -Nekomonogatari Black- Tsubasa Family Boxset (LE)

I couldn't help but notice that the same art is re-used three times... Same with Nekomonogatari White. Not very original for a Limited Edition...

Anyway, I was pretty much done with Monogatari after the first season, so I won't be getting this.
    Avatar: Azaka KOKUTOU from The Garden of Sinners - Kara no Kyoukai

Comment

W a n t!!!
      -Keith

Comment

Originally posted by fireaxe View Post
        I couldn't help but notice that the same art is re-used three times... Same with Nekomonogatari White. Not very original for a Limited Edition...
        I get where you're coming from, and I too would ideally prefer something unique for the disc silkscreen at least, but I personally can't disapprove of the artwork "re-use" for the postcard, because that's a nice clean and logo-less version of the cover art, and I appreciate stuff like that. Just like the cover art was "re-used" for the postcards in both the Japanese and domestic DVD releases of the series your avatar comes from, so that clean versions could be presented.
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
          I get where you're coming from, and I too would ideally prefer something unique for the disc silkscreen at least, but I personally can't disapprove of the artwork "re-use" for the postcard, because that's a nice clean and logo-less version of the cover art, and I appreciate stuff like that. Just like the cover art was "re-used" for the postcards in both the Japanese and domestic DVD releases of the series your avatar comes from, so that clean versions could be presented.
          Hey, I actually own one of those (DVD LE for the 3rd movie)! So yeah, I get what you mean. It's a nice extra to have, but AoA usually tends to have more than just that in their LE's, don't they? I guess it's just that I find the extras listed here to be a little underwhelming overall. No commentaries, no soundtracks, no mention of an art box (this looks a lot like a slip cover). Granted it's $15 cheaper than Madoka's LE's (AoA's last singles), but content-wise these don't seem to be even in the same league.
          Avatar: Azaka KOKUTOU from The Garden of Sinners - Kara no Kyoukai

Comment

...but AoA usually tends to have more than just that in their LE's, don't they? I guess it's just that I find the extras listed here to be a little underwhelming overall. No commentaries, no soundtracks, no mention of an art box (this looks a lot like a slip cover). Granted it's $15 cheaper than Madoka's LE's (AoA's last singles), but content-wise these don't seem to be even in the same league.
            Well, for me, I've never automatically equated the "limited edition" label with the idea that a release should have a ton of extra stuff. The only reasonable expectation to have is that not very many of them are being made. Because that's what the label literally means. So, from that point of view, I don't find anything underwhelming about this release. Sure, domestic studios long ago co-opted the term and have since come to associate it with extra stuff, but that's not AoA's problem, or anything anyone should be beholden to. It's why NISA calls their releases "Premium Edition" releases, after all.

Label aside, though, yes this release does have fewer extra things with it than the majority of past AoA releases. I can only assume that they decided it wasn't worth doing, or that they weren't able to license any such ancillary material (because, despite assumptions to the contrary, AoA is its own company and must license things from Aniplex instead of receiving things automatically, just as Geneon USA had to from Geneon Japan, and Bandai Entertainment had to from Bandai Visual and Sunrise).
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

I wish this did have a bit more like previous Monogatari installments (especially Bake), but at least it's still a nice release that I've been waiting on for a while without too ridiculous a price tag, so I still look forward to it overall.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I'm not surprised by the current packaging shot. I'm curious what goes on the side of the box/case (not confirmed at this time).

JP v1 & v2 packaging shots below:

Comment

It's another nice-looking release from Aniplex. But I won't be getting this since I'm not exactly high enough on this show to pay Aniplex prices for this.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                  Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Well, this release ends Aniplex's rigid box streak. The box is flimsy.
                    Shots of the "box":

Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                      Shots of the "box":
                      That's a tad disappointing. Could you possibly take a picture of the outer spine?
                      "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Outer spine:

Comment

^Much appreciated.
                          "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

So, in terms of crappiness, there's this release's box (on par with OreImo's), then the Madoka boxes. then KnK box (the KnK is the best flimsy box).

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                              So, uh... maybe I'm missing something, but why on earth was anyone expecting this to be a rigid chipboard artbox, rather than the slipcase that it is?

We've known since the product images first appeared that it's a single-keepcase release, which would not normally lead one to anticipate a chipboard artbox instead of a slipcase. None of the solicitation information or product pages indicate an artbox, or use any such wording. The only place that's suggested a "box" of any sort is the title for this thread, which was conceived of and typed out by WTK, so to go by that is fallacious at best (not picking on you WTK, just stating a fact).

So, while I do think it's fine to be disappointed that this release did not come with the first single-keepcase chipboard artbox to ever appear in North America as packaging for an anime release, as far as desiring the most sturdy sort of packaging on principle, it seems to me that there's no logical reason to be disappointed as if having been misled by AoA, since nothing of the sort happened here.
                              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X