Widgets Magazine

Spice and Wolf: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Anime Classics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Spice and Wolf: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Anime Classics)

Widgets Magazine

Spice and Wolf: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Anime Classics) due out on 4/15/14.
    Last edited by WTK; 04-20-2014, 06:49 PM.

Re: Spice and Wolf: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Anime Classics) (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Nice cover as always ruined by the Anime Classics branding
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Re: Spice and Wolf: Seasons 1 & 2 Collection (Anime Classics) (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

I liked the last release but to me was ruined with the while DVD size with blu-ray case inside.

Comment

I like the cover, but I have Funi's earlier releases of both seasons.

Comment

Yeah, had I known this was coming. I would have held off buying the last set during the holiday sale. I suppose that was why it was on sale

Comment

Wow, love the image of Holo here. I've got the original season one BD set plus the LE season two DVD/BD combo set, so I won't be getting this release unless FUNi upgrades the sub-par video quality for season one.
            My Anime List - My Collection
            Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
            Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
            Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

A very nice image, but I also own the original releases and will not be double-dipping unless Funi improves the video for season one.

Originally posted by Vash1306 View Post
              I liked the last release but to me was ruined with the while DVD size with blu-ray case inside.
              I purchased the original DVD release before I ordered the BD, so I switched out the two disc case to a four disc and placed the BDs with them. It would have drove me nuts otherwise.
              "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

It's a really nice cover that works well.
                Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
                Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
                Casual

Comment

I like it, and I also do not mind the Anime Classics template. A personal favorite series but I've been content with having the original S1 dvd slotted in with S2 LE box. Still might give this a buy later on sale if whim strikes (it almost did with the current set when it went on sale last month). Haven't been in a rush to see the apparently underwhelming S1 blu-ray.

Comment

I really like the artwork they chose for this release (though pretty much anything with Holo works), but that red border doesn't seem to complement it very well.

As a whole, I like the Anime Classics releases, they're pretty much the best looking budget collections I've seen.

Comment

How cruel. I prefer the LN style artwork, but I already bought the previous BD collection.
                      Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Love the LN artwork used here. Almost makes me wish I hadn't bought the series already.
                        Avatar: Rokuro "Rock" Okajima from Black Lagoon
                        Watching: Dagashi Kashi
                        Reading: School-Live!
                        Streaming: Space Patrol Luluco & My Hero Academia
                        Waiting For: Squid Girl Season 2, Monster Musume & Konosuba

Comment

Pretty image, for one of the best shows Funi has. I also own previous versions.

Comment

I like the cover art but I already own that beautiful LE Artbox that came with Season 2's BD/DVD release.

Comment

I guess I'm gonna have to finally pick this up. I really like the image they used.
                              MAL Profile

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X