Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] The Familiar of Zero: Season 1 Collection

Widgets Magazine

The Familiar of Zero: Season 1 Collection (DVD) due out on 4/8/14.
    The Familiar of Zero: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray) due out on 4/8/14.
    Special Features: Extended Episode Previews; Japanese Promo's; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Last edited by WTK; 02-11-2014, 12:03 PM.

Re: The Familiar of Zero: Season 1 Collection

Will get Blu-ray version hoping that the other seasons are licensed.
    Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Eh, the art on the Geneon release was better. I'm more concerned about getting the show on BD, though, so I'll be ordering this. Hopefully seasons 2 and 3 will show up as well.

Comment

It's a little bland and I don't really like the ribbon swirls, especially the bright one in the front as it detracts from the image itself. I'm surprised they didn't reuse Geneon's logo for the title here, but this new one is more applicable to the series itself, so I'm fine with it. Hopefully we will get an update to this one that improves on the background at the very least, if not an entire overhaul of character art choice and design. The original image's background of land, sky, and clouds was much better than what they're giving us here.

Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
        Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

I personally don't really care for the background or the large pink strip running across the cover either. Hopefully they'll tweak it, but I'm still getting the BD regardless.
          "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Seems fine though I agree perhaps the original background is better suited. I sold my Geneon set so I will be buying this for sure. Happy to upgrade to BD in the meantime too!
            Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
              I'm surprised they didn't reuse Geneon's logo for the title here, but this new one is more applicable to the series itself, so I'm fine with it.
              I also figured we'd end up with Geneon's logo, or possibly the logo that Seven Seas is using for their release of the manga, that latter being more recent (though using a very slightly different translation, "Zero's Familiar"). I'm a bigger fan of this new logo than either of those, though.
              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Main artwork works for a season reason. The background though feels a bit lackluster. The series title text is okay for me

Comment

I don't actually hate the background, it reminds meof roller skating rinks. Not that it has anything to do with the show. I also like the new logo.

Comment

I'm not that familiar with this show (no pun intended), but the cover does look neat. Almost retro-looking in a way. I know it probably won't be used though. Sentai has a habit of redoing their covers before release.
                    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

I think Geneon used this cover art somewhere because it looks familiar (although the background does not). While I like the group shot there, I'm not as high on the spell circle background on this. I prefer the Halkegania background. Not to mention, that ribbon is obstructing things that should have zero to do with this.
                      Avatar: Mahiru Shiina, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
                      Watching: Dai-Guard, Black Summoner, Vermeil in Gold, Rumble Garanndoll
                      Simulcasts: MSG, TYE, BLE, GKY, CSM, EOC, ESW, MOB, DIY, AMW, UYA, ARK, MHA, ALB, UZC, SXF, KKR, BTR, UWM, BLK
                      A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

I'll stick with my Geneon release. I prefer that one.

J. A.
                        Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                        Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                        Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                        Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

No changes to the cover art. Enlarged 3D/flat cover arts with disc arts and back covers added to the first post.

Comment

I was hoping that they would use a different background. Anyway, with the ADR director not being listed on the back like all other Sentai releases with dubs do, that means that they are using the dub from the makeshift studio, where the staff credits were not allowed to be revealed. It looks like the other seasons are probably not going to be dubbed. Anyway, the shot of Louise on the back looks great.
                            Avatar: Mahiru Shiina, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
                            Watching: Dai-Guard, Black Summoner, Vermeil in Gold, Rumble Garanndoll
                            Simulcasts: MSG, TYE, BLE, GKY, CSM, EOC, ESW, MOB, DIY, AMW, UYA, ARK, MHA, ALB, UZC, SXF, KKR, BTR, UWM, BLK
                            A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              I was hoping that they would use a different background. Anyway, with the ADR director not being listed on the back like all other Sentai releases with dubs do, that means that they are using the dub from the makeshift studio, where the staff credits were not allowed to be revealed. It looks like the other seasons are probably not going to be dubbed. Anyway, the shot of Louise on the back looks great.
                              Sentai only lists the ADR director when they dub in house. For rescues with a preexisting dub, the ADR director is almost never listed. However, this dub was produced by some sort of makeshift studio that leased space and equipment from Bang Zoom. If any follow up seasons are dubbed, Sentai will most likely utilize BZ for the dubbing.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X