Widgets Magazine

Fist of the North Star the TV Series: The Complete Series Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Fist of the North Star the TV Series: The Complete Series Collection

Widgets Magazine
    Updated cover art

Preliminary cover art

LINK
    Fist of the North Star: The Complete TV Series. All 152 episodes in one DVD collection. March 25th 2014.

LINK
    Anyone like this cover better?
    Last edited by WTK; 03-10-2014, 12:33 AM.

Re: Fist of the North Star the TV Series: The Complete Series Collection

The positioning of that hand is... unfortunate.
    "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
    -My Collection
    --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Originally posted by Legion View Post
      The positioning of that hand is... unfortunate.
      It seems that they listened and are working on a final cover, here's another they posted.
      Link!

I wonder how they're going to package this, all 4 cases in a box like with New Video's Digimon 1-4 set or in 1 case and if it's the latter then is there such a case that can safely fit all 21 discs?
      Last edited by NJ_; 12-19-2013, 04:13 AM.
      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118:
      "It's in the Cards" (Cloverway, 2000)
      "Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldiers' Bet" (Cloverway/Pioneer, 2000)
      "Battle Inside the Demonic Space! The Sailor Guardians' Gamble" (Viz, 2015)

Comment

I only have season 1 but I may still buy the season sets as I prefer the Artwork they have
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Short of using any of Tetsuo Hara's artwork, that second cover is fine enough I guess. That first one...wow, that's just an unfortunate thing for the artist to add in there...

Comment

Well, given what Discotek had available to choose as far as artwork goes, I guess it works. The image quality is extremely terrible, but then again that's because of the age of this show. At least the message that this is a hot-blooded action show gets through with Kenshiro uppercutting the enemy there, but I then realize that there just isn't a whole lot of options here. It does the job at least, whichever one ends up getting chosen.
            Avatar: Mahiru Shiina, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
            Watching: Dai-Guard, Black Summoner, Vermeil in Gold, Rumble Garanndoll
            Simulcasts: MSG, TYE, BLE, GKY, CSM, EOC, ESW, MOB, DIY, AMW, UYA, ARK, MHA, ALB, UZC, SXF, KKR, BTR, UWM, BLK
            A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

Nice to see Discotek going the Complete Collection route after the individual box sets have been out for a while. Skipping this release, as I have the original box sets.
              Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
              Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
              Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

I'm wondering how they'll package this; we're talking 21 discs, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure they make a case that can hold that many discs. Or is Discotek going to use multiple cases? I've yet to set a release of theirs that uses more than one case, though.

Comment

It's interesting to see a complete TV series in one set. The artwork for this is so-so at the best. Then again, you are not really buying the series for cover art.

Comment

Updated cover art added on top of first post (no crotch hands).

Comment

Crotch hands or not, that's some rather unfortunate cover art.
                      MAL Profile

Comment

Alright, at least the new cover art is more presentable without the crotch hands. But still, the artwork isn't exactly the best choice, I think.
                        Avatar: Mahiru Shiina, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
                        Watching: Dai-Guard, Black Summoner, Vermeil in Gold, Rumble Garanndoll
                        Simulcasts: MSG, TYE, BLE, GKY, CSM, EOC, ESW, MOB, DIY, AMW, UYA, ARK, MHA, ALB, UZC, SXF, KKR, BTR, UWM, BLK
                        A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

It almost looks like he has a long black tail. The second choice was better.
                          Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            Updated cover art added on top of first post (no crotch hands).
                            Thank God. LOL

Comment

From someone who posted these at Amazon, it seems that Discotek used the same case that Lionsgate used for the 20-Disc Robotech set which for those unaware, had some of the discs stacked on top of others.

Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118:
                              "It's in the Cards" (Cloverway, 2000)
                              "Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldiers' Bet" (Cloverway/Pioneer, 2000)
                              "Battle Inside the Demonic Space! The Sailor Guardians' Gamble" (Viz, 2015)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X