Widgets Magazine

Ikki Tousen - Xtreme Xecutor + Shugaku Toshi Keppu-roku OVA: Complete Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Ikki Tousen - Xtreme Xecutor + Shugaku Toshi Keppu-roku OVA: Complete Collection

Widgets Magazine

Ikki Tousen - Xtreme Xecutor + Shugaku Toshi Keppu-roku OVA: Complete Collection due out on 3/11/14.

- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop...s?itemid=81834
    - Special Features: Actor Commentaries, Six Dreamy Views: Episodes 1-6, Promotional Videos, OVA Commentary, Japanese Commercial, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers
    Last edited by WTK; 12-19-2013, 01:00 AM.

Re: Ikki Tousen - Xtreme Xecutor + Shugaku Toshi Keppu-roku OVA: Complete Collection

There's something about that that comes across as overly bland and awkward. Maybe it's just the brownish-orange color.

Interesting also that FUNimation, of all companies, is opting to list the OVA by its actual Japanese romanized name, instead of a translation or the odd "...in Kyoto" name that the Interwebs spit out at some point.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Re: Ikki Tousen - Xtreme Xecutor + Shugaku Toshi Keppu-roku OVA: Complete Collection

I actually like the way this set looks. Granted, it would be much better as an LE set, but considering that one for the Great Guardian release was scrapped I couldn't expect one for Xtreme Xecutor. Regardless, if they have no intention of releasing this on BD then I don't exactly have an interest in buying it.
      Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
      Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
        There's something about that that comes across as overly bland and awkward. Maybe it's just the brownish-orange color.
        I don't know if all four of them originally come from the same piece of art, but it does look awkward, the foreground pair against the two fighting in the back. Like superhero stickers slapped on a little boy's bedroom wall (wallpapered in the '70s).

Comment

I like the design, Across all the seasons Funimation have put out it'll match up nicely
          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

I like the unobtrusive, mild wood-pattern style to the background/spine. Would probably grab an LE if available but then the usual artbox LE variants (as opposed to majorly upgraded editions) are only "why not?" purchases if both are available when I get to a series rather than any big deal. This will do just fine.
            Last edited by StratosBlitz; 12-18-2013, 10:20 PM. Reason: add parenthetical

Comment

Oh look, it's Curry-Tousen... I guess it's nice that they're maintaining some manner of visual consistency with Great Guardian, but the cover's just ugly, from its poor background colors to the lazy looking, Photoshopped-layered design.
              Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

The cover looks good enough for a show that bills itself on fanservicey fights.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nadeshiko Kagamihara, Laid-Back Camp
                Watching: Shimoneta, Special 7, RobiHachi, Maria Holic Alive, Dokkoida, Buddyfight Ace, Shippuden
                Simulcasts: HIG, JJK, REZ, INU, DCF, AOT, HSB-2, HSB-B, DRS, YUC, LHZ, PNL, 5HY, TSL, UMA, HMY, MTE, SK8, TZK, WEP, BSD, STW, more TBD
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

It's a fairly forgettable cover; I would have thought that Funi would have tried for something a bit more eye-catching. At the very least, using a brighter or more interesting background.

Comment

It feels very average to me. I don't like the background too much as well.

Comment

Taking a second look at it this morning, something about the girl on the top right struck me as odd. Maybe I was just having trouble processing the image, but it initially looked to me like we were looking at her back, but I couldn't figure why her shirt was on backwards. It took me a couple minutes to realize her head was turned all the way to the right.
                      My animé & figure collections
                      Hummingbird
                      || Tweeterings
                      XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Come to think of it, the background just doesn't look good with the cover art being used.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nadeshiko Kagamihara, Laid-Back Camp
                        Watching: Shimoneta, Special 7, RobiHachi, Maria Holic Alive, Dokkoida, Buddyfight Ace, Shippuden
                        Simulcasts: HIG, JJK, REZ, INU, DCF, AOT, HSB-2, HSB-B, DRS, YUC, LHZ, PNL, 5HY, TSL, UMA, HMY, MTE, SK8, TZK, WEP, BSD, STW, more TBD
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Comment

Comment

So they kept that orangish brown? I draw on grocery bags sometimes.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X