Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo

Widgets Magazine

Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (DVD) due out on 2/2/16 (was 2/18/14).
    Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (Blu-ray) due out on 2/2/16 (was 2/18/14).
    This item comes with a full color 52-page booklet.

Special Features: Evangelion 3.33 at New York Comic Con 2013, Rebuild of Evangelion: 3.33, EVA-EXTRA 08, Japanese Teasers and Trailers, TV Spots, U.S. Trailer, Previews.
    Last edited by WTK; 11-13-2015, 06:15 PM.

Re: Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo

As expected they go with the solid blue. Good thing they changed the BD bar color. I do like it in black.

Comment

Figured as much, although there was no guarantee with the 1.11 cover being so much different. Having the standard Blu-ray banner on top of that color definitely wouldn't have worked, and switching to the one other color mainly featured on the cover actually makes it look really nice (it might have been even better if they colored in the Blu-ray logo with the same blue color as the rest of the cover, but it still looks nice enough for what it is). I hope they do some interesting things with the rest of the packaging like with 2.22, and I look forward to seeing that.

And I'll finally get to see what everyone was so disappointed with...
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      Fandom Post Radio

Comment

I do like that shade of blue...
        April showers bring Ana & Matsuri (and John) || my avatar library
        ~ Currently Watching: The Familiar of Zero; DARLING in the FRANXX
        ~ Last Watched: SSSS.DYNAZENON; Revolutionary Girl Utena (series & film); She and Her Cat -Everything Flows-; Aoi Hana; Birthday Wonderland
        homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Kinda wish they made a red cover for the first movie =(

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
            Hey, not everyone. I like the film a lot! :D

Though admittedly, part of that comes from imagining other people having fits or seizures because of various things contained therein, each time I watch it, and cackling with glee as a result.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Just about as clean as the completely orange 2.22. I like the blue.

I deliberately hold off on reading about/watching these movies until I have then on the shelf and even then it can take awhile. Hell, only just got around to viewing 2.22 on Blu-ray. But may have to watch this one as soon as I get it and see what apparently has some people incensed.

Comment

Hopefully this cover won't flake off like the previous one.

Comment

Damn. That black on the top of the Blu-ray version makes getting the Blu-ray tempting, but I already have committed to DVD for the first two movies... Thank God my Blu-ray player upscales beautifully!
                  I'M THE GREATEST ONE-SHOT VILLAIN THAT NEVER LIVED!!!
                  Avatar: Zanald Beihart from "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE"

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                    Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                    Hey, not everyone. I like the film a lot! :D
                    I absolutely loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleO7 View Post
                      As expected they go with the solid blue. Good thing they changed the BD bar color. I do like it in black.
                      Didn't someone call "solid blue" for 3.33 way, way back, sometime around when the orange 2.22 cover was first announced? Anyone remember who that was?

But I agree - while its an interesting shade of blue, its also a pretty one. And the black bar is nicely complementary.
                      "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Too plain for my tastes. I get that it's supposed to be "dramatic" or something, but it doesn't show us anything about the film. It's just a solid color. They need to have a picture of a character, angel, emblem, SOMETHING. At least the first cover has a kickass picture that shows us what the movie is about. I don't get the solid color thing. I just don't.

It VISUALLY looks gorgeous though. I just don't think it's enough for a movie box cover.
                        Last edited by PurpleWarrior13; 11-20-2013, 11:28 AM.
                        Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Looks like crap. Can't wait to get it.
                          Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                            Too plain for my tastes. I get that it's supposed to be "dramatic" or something, but it doesn't show us anything about the film. It's just a solid color. They need to have a picture of a character, angel, emblem, SOMETHING. At least the first cover has a kickass picture that shows us what the movie is about. I don't get the solid color thing. I just don't.

It VISUALLY looks gorgeous though. I just don't think it's enough for a movie box cover.
                            I think it's brilliant marketing just as I thought for the 2.22 cover. Attentive fans are going to be aware of it and buy it regardless of what the cover looks like, and hardcore fans will appreciate the move to mimic the Japanese packaging. Casual fans, or even non-fans, particularly in B&M retail locations will be drawn to it because you can't not notice a rectangle of solid color from twenty feet away, because it stands out like crazy amidst a bunch of other covers with details that are, as a group, indistinct from a distance. The only downside here is that 3.0/3.33's color is blue, while 2.0/2.22's color is orange, which is more noticeable. Anecdotally, I remember being in Best Buy a little while after FUNimation released 2.22, and seeing quite a few people stop and try and figure out what the bright orange rectangle was all about, including people who clearly were not interested in anime (what little of it there was on the shelves) at all.
                            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

It looks alright to me. I only wish Funi had followed a similar design with the first film so they would all match.
                              "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X