• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Classic Collection

Widgets Magazine
    Updated cover art

Preliminary cover art

Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Classic Collection due out on 4/15/14 (Was 2/4/14 and 12/3/2013).
    Contains episodes 1-73.

Spoken Languages: English.
    Last edited by WTK; 02-13-2014, 07:19 PM.

Re: Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Classic Collection

It's a copy of the Collection 1 from ADV's 2009 re-release, except with a different background & the English logo that's been used for the recent video games:

It's an okay cover, but ADV's second 2009 boxset cover was better.

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    The disc count is shown here as 11 (noted as 12 from many sites). This could suggest that the 73 episode count is incorrect?
    On the one hand, 11 discs amounts to about 6-7 episodes/disc, which isn't bad. On the other hand, I have yet to see any indication that those last 13 episodes of the arc have been dubbed. David Williams told me at Otakon that he hasn't heard anything of Seraphim reuniting the ADV dub cast, and I haven't seen any hints of a new dub being made. Considering how Zatch Bell's release had a change in episode count I'm still expecting this Seiya set's description to see a change, too.
    Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
    Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

I like the new cover better. I love the "space" atmosphere and the logo is more appealing to look at. Also ADV's "Collection One" font was hideous IMO.

It's possible a dub could've been produced by another studio, probably one in Canada knowing Toei. I could ask Carol Anne-Day on Facebook if she knows anything about Blue Water working on it (assuming no NDA was signed).
      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Does this complete the 1st arc beyond what the original ADV dvds had?
        Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
        Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
        Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

The Sanctuary arc covers episodes 1-73, and the RightStuf listings mentions 73 episodes. ADV's DVDs only covered eps. 1-60.

However, it's not clear if the set will actually reach those episodes since Zatch Bell's set will only have 100 episode according to NEW VIDEO / Cinedigm's site listing the episodes on each of the discs. It's possible Saint Seiya's set will have episodes subtracted too. However, based on the episode-per-disc listing for Zatch Bell, they could easily put 73 episodes on 11 discs (the confirmed disc count for Saint Seiya) with 6 or 7 episodes per-disc. Their Zatch Bell set will have about 7 or 8 episodes per-disc. However, Saint Seiya was initially listed as having 12 discs, so maybe the episode count will go down after all.

Comment

The new background is definitely a huge improvement over the original one. It's set in the starry skies of the night, which is definitely more fitting.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ena Ibarada, Science Fell in Love So I Tried to Prove It
            Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
            Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Cover art slightly updated. It now notes: "Knights of the Zodiac".

Comment

Well, at least the St. Seiya part remains as it should, but I just don't like the Knights of the Zodiac part on it.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ena Ibarada, Science Fell in Love So I Tried to Prove It
                Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The title looked so much better before the Knights of the Zodiac addition. It just looks clunky now. I don't mind the name itself itself though (I secretly prefer it to Saint Seiya), but they really should've just picked one. The overall design still looks pretty sweet.

Comment

They probably added the "Knights Of The Zodiac" name because it's the English subtitle on both Viz's release of the manga and Namco Bandai's international release of the Brave Soldiers video game so it's somewhat understandable (though they should have done a better job with the font ).
                    Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Cover looks fine. I guess this is the edited/censored version though? I definitely won't buy this if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawful View Post
                        Cover looks fine. I guess this is the edited/censored version though? I definitely won't buy this if that's the case.
                        No one actually knows at the moment; there are indications both ways. The company (New Video Group) hasn't released anything that isn't edited before, but in those cases the only available dub was for a censored version. In this case, there is an unedited dub version as well. The runtime seems to indicate that they're using the unedited dub (the edited dub only ran up to episode 32, and the set's runtime is for 73 episodes), and the TRSI listing explicitly states that it includes episodes 1-73 (as well as listing the set as dub only).

However, even the unedited dub was only produced up to episode 60, so what's going on with episodes 61-73? Are they sub only? If so, it would be really odd to not include a Japanese track for the other episodes as well. Are they producing a new dub for the remaining episodes?

Basically, no one really knows, and the information we have is a bit unclear and confusing.

Comment

There was an article (I believe in a trade magazine) that mentioned DiC having 40 dubbed episodes under their belt. The ratings were bad on Cartoon Network (like they really promoted it at all), it was canceled after 32 (I remember people my age watching it and knowing it was an old show). Canada may have gotten more. I don't know. All I know is that dub was really bad, and I hope and pray this is the ADV dub at least.

Comment

I must say, I really like how it's going to be an artbox. Definitely a surprising choice from this company & it makes it look pretty snazzy. As for including the KotZ name it doesn't really bother me in any way at this point.
                            Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
                            Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

Originally posted by LordGeo View Post
                              I must say, I really like how it's going to be an artbox. Definitely a surprising choice from this company & it makes it look pretty snazzy. As for including the KotZ name it doesn't really bother me in any way at this point.
                              I'm guessing it will be only card though similar to the late ADV Artboxes.

They really need to come out and say what this is. All signs lead to uncut with 73 episodes but no one is sure and thats going to hamper sales until the truth is well known
                              Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X