Widgets Magazine

Jormungand: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Jormungand: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Widgets Magazine

Jormungand: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 12/17/13.
    Contains episodes 1-12.

Special Features: Commentaries for Episodes 1 and 12, Textless Songs, Trailers.
    Last edited by WTK; 10-04-2013, 10:31 PM.

Re: Jormungand: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

I'm a little surprised to see FUNimation marketing this with Kuroda's credits on the cover so prominently. The image is pretty standard but works fine. I'm a little disappointed that they seem to be skipping the LE on this one.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Cover looks decent though an LE box would have been nice for this show. Ah well...
      "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

The cover art looks pretty good there. It's simple, but it works very well.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
        Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
        Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The dark red spine kind of throws me with such a light toned cover. Wish there was an artbox for this show.
          Avatar: Rokuro "Rock" Okajima from Black Lagoon
          Watching: Dagashi Kashi
          Reading: School-Live!
          Streaming: Space Patrol Luluco & My Hero Academia
          Waiting For: Squid Girl Season 2, Monster Musume & Konosuba

Comment

Originally posted by Skullman View Post
            The dark red spine kind of throws me with such a light toned cover. Wish there was an artbox for this show.
            Part 2 hasn't been solicited yet, right? Could it be Funi will be trying to see swap the LE to the second half has any effect, like how ADV started releasing artboxes with volume 2 instead of volume 1 near the end?
            My animé & figure collections
            Hummingbird
            || Tweeterings
            XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
              Originally posted by Skullman View Post
              Part 2 hasn't been solicited yet, right? Could it be Funi will be trying to see swap the LE to the second half has any effect, like how ADV started releasing artboxes with volume 2 instead of volume 1 near the end?
              I dismissed the idea of them simply switching to part 2 for the LE since there's no precedent (not counting sequels for titles released before they started these LEs, of course), but phrased that way, I could see them including extras in the second parts to try to balance out the sales, like many Japanese releases do.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Maybe it's possible FUNi is still planning to do an LE for part 1, but for whatever reason did not have it on their solicitation list yet?

It seems weird to me this would not have a limited edition release when OniAi will have one despite being FUNi's first sub only release. Maybe this is a title where giving it a dub was a close call given a weak streaming performance, so as a consolation for it getting a dub they axed the LE art box to save on costs? It makes sense to me as far as staying true to wanting to dub all the stuff they release, but at the same time still wanting to save on upfront costs and turn a profit. This is only me speculating of course, but given FUNi's latest move into sub only territory I guess anything's possible.
                My Anime List - My Collection
                Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
                Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
                Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

Originally posted by sonic View Post
                  It seems weird to me this would not have a limited edition release when OniAi will have one despite being FUNi's first sub only release. Maybe this is a title where giving it a dub was a close call given a weak streaming performance, so as a consolation for it getting a dub they axed the LE art box to save on costs? It makes sense to me as far as staying true to wanting to dub all the stuff they release, but at the same time still wanting to save on upfront costs and turn a profit. This is only me speculating of course, but given FUNi's latest move into sub only territory I guess anything's possible.
                  I had basically the same thought process. They could simply be experimenting with a few different options for titles that didn't do amazingly in streaming numbers. Maybe they figure that the audience for OniAi cares more about an LE than a dub, while the audience for an action show that isn't the most popular like Jormungand might have those priorities reversed.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                    Originally posted by sonic View Post
                    I had basically the same thought process. They could simply be experimenting with a few different options for titles that didn't do amazingly in streaming numbers. Maybe they figure that the audience for OniAi cares more about an LE than a dub, while the audience for an action show that isn't the most popular like Jormungand might have those priorities reversed.
                    You make a very good point as well. If costs and substandard streaming figures are the reason this does not ultimately get a limited edition release, then I would have to agree it's due in large part to FUNi's marketing data telling them the fanbase for this show does not care as much for an art box as they do for a dub and a DVD/BD combo pack.
                    Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
                    Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
                    Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

I suspect that they will do the LE with Season 2 that will include an Artbox to fit Season 1. They did this in two prior instances with Black Butler and Strike Witches.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyG View Post
                        I suspect that they will do the LE with Season 2 that will include an Artbox to fit Season 1. They did this in two prior instances with Black Butler and Strike Witches.
                        As I recall, Funi didn't acquire either of those second seasons until the first season had already been released, so if that's the case, this is a bit of a different situation.
                        My animé & figure collections
                        Hummingbird
                        || Tweeterings
                        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Black Butler had an artbox originally and the second season only had one because that was their new title while the first season was simultaneously being re-released in a combo pack for the first time. Strike Witches was simply released before they were doing LEs, so they did the same thing as with Black Butler when it was time for the second season to come out.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
                            Black Butler had an artbox originally and the second season only had one because that was their new title while the first season was simultaneously being re-released in a combo pack for the first time. Strike Witches was simply released before they were doing LEs, so they did the same thing as with Black Butler when it was time for the second season to come out.
                            Yup, those cases are a bit different. The same can be said for the second season of both Sekirei and Spice & Wolf. The first season was out on DVD only initially for both, then later a BD only release for season one of Spice & Wolf and a DVD/BD combo pack for the first season of Sekirei. Those were then followed by LE DVD/BD combo packs for the second season.

In the case of Jormungand, this is the first time I can recall where FUNi is releasing a season one DVD/BD combo pack and not including an art box option to house the second season they already have licensed as well. These are uncharted waters for FUNi, so to speak. I'm guessing this is an experiment if they do indeed plan to release it without an art box. Though it would still be possible for them to do it for the second season if they feel it's warranted by the time that gets solicited for release.

Comment

I too am hoping for an LE for the second season. Maybe there's some artwork or materials they want to get for it? We should all barrage FUNi with the question
                              @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X