■Original Japanese Audio
    ■English Subtitles

Special Package & Bonus Materials
    ■Textless Opening
    ■Textless Endings
    ■Special Booklet
    ■O-Sleeve with Key Visual Art
    ■2-Sided Reversible Cover
    *Bonus contents and materials subject to change.

DVD Specs
    Languages: Japanese
    Video: 16:9 Widescreen
    Audio: Dolby Digital 2.0
    Subtitles: English
    Total Run Time: Approx. 325 min.
    Number of Discs: 3 DVDs
    Episodes: 1-13
    Region: 1
    Rating: 13 UP
    Last edited by WTK; 09-15-2013, 04:51 PM.

Re: Oreshura: Complete Collection

I figured this would get a sub-only DVD-only release. Very easy skip. The cover art is simple but is about right for this series, getting the harem into one picture in a nice orientation.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Sub-only DVD release, but the price is not horrific. I'll think about it, since I did enjoy the show for the most part. I wonder if this show will eventually get the same treatment Oreimo did, with an import BD release later for a ridiculously laughable "are you f**king kidding me?" price. If so, I'm more than happy to settle for a somewhat reasonably priced DVD, since the PS3 does a decent job of upscaling.
      Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
      I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
      Casual

Comment

The cover is pretty simple, yet effective. Out of all the shows in Aniplex's catalog, this is the one I was least expecting to get a BD or a dub since it is just another one of those harems so it comes out as no surprise that it is just that. The price is pretty reasonable for an Aniplex series.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
        Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Fire Force, Dr. Stone 2
        Simulcasts: AAS, CCK, CFV, YJS, HMS, JCD, DUN, MIA, OVL, KNO, SWH, UWM, CLN, STW, LYR, MTK, UAW, KMU, FUT, ISY, BCG, TEP, SAY
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
          Sub-only DVD release, but the price is not horrific. I'll think about it, since I did enjoy the show for the most part. I wonder if this show will eventually get the same treatment Oreimo did, with an import BD release later for a ridiculously laughable "are you f**king kidding me?" price. If so, I'm more than happy to settle for a somewhat reasonably priced DVD, since the PS3 does a decent job of upscaling.
          Although I think the price point is reasonable for this anime given AoA standards, this just cements me only watching on Crunchyroll and not buying from AoA later on when I do get around to watching this show. I get HD video on CR with an anime membership for $60 a year, so that's the better value to me. Aniplex may very well just add English subs to a JP BD Box set like with Oreimo. I bought the Oreimo import BD set because I really love that show (it also has the exclusive OVA episodes in HD and the animated commentary), but there's no way I'd do the same for this unless I absolutely fall in love with it after watching and it has similar extras. I think Vividred Operation may see the same import BD treatment as well. I guess it all depends on how dub worthy AoA thinks these titles are, and these seem like more niche shows to me so I'm guessing import BDs later on.
          My Anime List - My Collection
          Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
          Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
          Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

Originally posted by sonic View Post
            Although I think the price point is reasonable for this anime given AoA standards, this just cements me only watching on Crunchyroll and not buying from AoA later on when I do get around to watching this show. I get HD video on CR with an anime membership for $60 a year, so that's the better value to me.
            Exactly. I love owning physical media, but if a show that was just kinda alright is on Crunchyroll in HD and then released on DVD only with no dub or notable on-disc or physical extras, costing the same as a year of Crunchyroll for a single cour, I really can't justify making that purchase.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            Fandom Post Radio

Comment

I agree with most everything said. The girls are the reason for the show and the obvious cover choice. It works. Other than a handful of well written lines, however, I don't see this as a show I will revisit, despite enjoying it on crunchy.

Comment

I like it. It's fitting for the series. I like that the texts are no overly intruding too.

Comment

Comment

As I would come to expect from Aniplex, that's just some really fantastic artwork here all-around.
                    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
                    Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Fire Force, Dr. Stone 2
                    Simulcasts: AAS, CCK, CFV, YJS, HMS, JCD, DUN, MIA, OVL, KNO, SWH, UWM, CLN, STW, LYR, MTK, UAW, KMU, FUT, ISY, BCG, TEP, SAY
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Hmmm....wasn't high on my list, but tempted now...
                      Currently watching - A Certain Magical Index II
                      Finished watching - High School DXD New
                      Currently reading - Dragonar Academy, Haganai, Maria the Virgin Witch

Comment

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                        Widgets Magazine
                        Working...
                        X