X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Ikki Tousen - Great Guardians: Complete Collection

Widgets Magazine

LE (Canceled)

Ikki Tousen - Great Guardians: Complete Collection due out on 12/31/13.
    Ikki Tousen - Great Guardians: Complete Collection (LE) is now canceled (Was 12/31/13).
    Last edited by WTK; 10-19-2013, 01:58 AM.

Re: Ikki Tousen - Great Guardians: Complete Collection

Once again, I wonder: Clearly these images, final or not, aren't just being sent out accidentally. So why on Earth would FUNimation, normally a very sensible company, allow their preliminary images to be distributed with awful neon color grading applied? Maybe it's a copyright thing, so they can figure out how far their PR material trickles down, and know at a glance who's using it? There must be a reason, since it keeps happening, and can't just be by accident.

Anyway, after the absurdity of MB's "We Suck When It Comes To Logos" department doing their best/worst with Dragon Destiny, I'm very glad to see that FUNimation has opted for, or at the very least is apparently strongly considering, using Geneon's series logo.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Indeed, the color on this looks a bit...radioactive. Looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

Comment

I'll agree that the colors look very over saturated here, and also that the logo looks great. (No pun intended.) I like the overall look of it.

It definitely looks better than Media Blasters' original preliminary artwork for their release. Though, one could argue that it's not setting the bar very high.

Edit: Thanks for the catch, strikezero00. Normally I double check my posts, this time I took it for granted.
        Last edited by Mc-Taz; 09-13-2013, 10:08 PM.
        Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
        Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post

Though, one could argue that it's not setting the bar very high.
          Direct image links from TRSI don't tend to work as well here.

Comment

Apparently water coloring is the new rage for anime covers.
            Last edited by joelgundam01; 09-14-2013, 05:42 PM.
            Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
            Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

The group shot looks fine, but the color scheme doesn't look right.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nadeshiko Kagamihara, Laid-Back Camp
              Watching: Shimoneta, Special 7, RobiHachi, Maria Holic Alive, Dokkoida, Buddyfight Ace, Shippuden
              Simulcasts: HIG, JJK, REZ, INU, DCF, AOT, HSB-2, HSB-B, DRS, YUC, LHZ, PNL, 5HY, TSL, UMA, HMY, MTE, SK8, TZK, WEP, BSD, STW, more TBD
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The artwork chosen here is good to me (ignoring the coloring right now). I'm sure another cover with more accurate coloring will surface soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                  The artwork chosen here is good to me (ignoring the coloring right now).
                  Wasn't it brought up in another thread that these oddly colored covers are due to images being saved for printing, rather than digital display? I guess it wouldn't be possible to import this into PhotoShop, change the save settings, and not have it considered an alteration instead of an official cover.
                  My animé & figure collections
                  Hummingbird
                  || Tweeterings
                  XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

While its a nice cover, the content is a tad deceptive. After all, this is a series about reincarnated feudal warlords battling for control over all "China", taking intense sexual pleasure from the violence. And pretty teen girls in mini-skirts don't quite convey that aspect of the series.
                    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
                      While its a nice cover, the content is a tad deceptive. After all, this is a series about reincarnated feudal warlords battling for control over all "China", taking intense sexual pleasure from the violence. And pretty teen girls in mini-skirts don't quite convey that aspect of the series.
                      Perhaps, but as retellings of The Romance of the Three Kingdoms go, this sure beats the shit out of those awful “games” Koei put out on the NES.
                      I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
                      Stephen King

Comment

That's what the show is about? I've been watching it wrong for years.
                        My animé & figure collections
                        Hummingbird
                        || Tweeterings
                        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
                          Yah....., screw the warlords! Everybody knows it's about girls beating the shit out of each other. That is when they're not sexually molesting each other.

As for the warlords; they should just go to the afterlife and ah, get a life! Assuming there is a life in the afterlife and assuming the afterlife isn't as screwed up as the Soul Society afterlife in which case I don't blame them for wanting to hang around as girls in mini-skirts beating the shit out of......... Ah....., I've come full circle here...... haven't I?

Oh well....., in which case never mind!
                          Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                          Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                          Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                          Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
                            Me too. Apparently neither of us got the SERIOUS BUSINESS memo.
                            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

In all fairness, the manga version plays up the roles of the reincarnated warlords and their destinies to a higher degree than the series ever did. At most the first season made an effort to get the point across that the magatama were heavily tied to their ancestral namesake, and that their lives were effectively destined to repeat history in the modern era. For the most part the anime eschews a great deal of that relation in the subsequent series, and it becomes what we know it for best, being an intense fighting show with a heaping of T & A supplied by torn clothing. It may not be so unique anymore, but I will say that of the bunch of brutal fighting series that have sexualized heroines, Ikkitousen just happens to be my favorite.
                              Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                              Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X