X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Gatchaman (TV & OVA): Complete Collection

Widgets Magazine
    Mock-up (DVD) | Mock-up (Blu-ray)

Gatchaman (TV & OVA): Complete Collection (DVD) due out on 10/29/13.
    Gatchaman (TV & OVA): Complete Collection (Blu-ray) due out on 10/29/13.
    DVD: 22 discs (in 4 amaray cases) housed inside a sturdy slipcase (not chipboard)
    Blu-ray: 14 discs (in 3 amaray cases) housed inside a sturdy slipcase (not chipboard)

Special Features: Interviews; Commentaries; Profiles; Sketches; Audition Footage; Music; Galleries

Last edited by WTK; 10-05-2013, 12:30 AM.

Re: Gatchaman (TV & OVA): Complete Collection

Are "Amaray Cases" just standard cases? I don't want to buy this if it's going to be in those terrible stackpacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidnes View Post
      Are "Amaray Cases" just standard cases? I don't want to buy this if it's going to be in those terrible stackpacks.
      "Amaray" is a brand name, so I'm not sure what the non-capitalized intention is here, except perhaps to use it to indicate "regular" instead of "STACKpak."
      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
        "Amaray" is a brand name, so I'm not sure what the non-capitalized intention is here, except perhaps to use it to indicate "regular" instead of "STACKpak."
        Its mostly named as a keep case according to wiki but so far there have been no edits to this information so I say its legit, while I do pray there is no stack pack since this artwork is fine by me and there is high propablility that all the extra's from the ADV releases are in here I will take this with a grain of salt. We will probably figure it out when anyone has the Saiyuki an Golgo 13 Complete Collections. But I will have to wait on pre-ordering since I spent alot at Section 23's Rightstuf sale XD.

Comment

First time I've noticed a TM next to the Sentai logo. Is that a new thing?

Comment

Originally posted by bs3311 View Post
            Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
            Its mostly named as a keep case according to wiki but so far there have been no edits to this information so I say its legit, while I do pray there is no stack pack since this artwork is fine by me and there is high propablility that all the extra's from the ADV releases are in here I will take this with a grain of salt. We will probably figure it out when anyone has the Saiyuki an Golgo 13 Complete Collections. But I will have to wait on pre-ordering since I spent alot at Section 23's Rightstuf sale XD.
            I'm a little bit depressed, somehow, that someone would cite a crowd-sourced encyclopedia instead of a company's own website.

At any rate, the point I was making was that if they were going to use a STACKpak case or some other spindle-style case then they wouldn't have included the name Amaray (capitalized or not) in their product info.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Turning to the cover art, it's good to see that Sentai is going with the Alex Ross artwork for this. It looks good.
              Pre-ordered.
              Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto and Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
              Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
              Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmie M View Post
                Turning to the cover art, it's good to see that Sentai is going with the Alex Ross artwork for this. It looks good.
                Pre-ordered.
                Agreed. This was something I was hoping Sentai would retain for the cover.
                Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
                Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

While not surprising, I would have rather they didn't use one of the pieces from Alex Ross for the cover. But whatever, good to see both versions of the set are spreading the show across a decent number of discs, and it would be nice if these "study cases" are indeed something other than STACKpaks. It'll be interesting to see if any of the individual case covers include artwork specifically for the OVA.
                  Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Yeah, Ross is the man. The facial expressions, coloring and lighting all combine flawlessly.

Gatchaman is really hilarious and fun to watch. But 105 episodes? I don't think my A.D.D. could handle that much of it.

Comment

My body is ready

Comment

I really like the artwork used here. I'm curious to see what other cover art they'll use for each case if this is just the slipcover art. I put in a pre-order for the BD collection last night. I'm generrally not that interested in pre-90's anime, but this is a must have for me.

Comment

That's fantastic if they're able to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by guillamo View Post
                            That's fantastic if they're able to use it.
                            It isn't final of course but if Sentai didn't have the rights to use the artwork then we wouldn't be seeing this now. What do you mean by that?
                            Last edited by Jimmie M; 06-28-2013, 04:10 PM.
                            Avatar: Bokuto's Best Partners, Natsumi Tsujimoto and Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest!)
                            Blu-ray.com / MAL /Games / Figures
                            Moderator Patrol Route: Movie & TV Discussions, Questioning Fandom

Comment

I had assumed that "not final" was synonymous with "not approved" and that this was merely a placeholder. If they have the rights to this they'd be fools not to use it.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X