Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Godannar: Complete Collection

Widgets Magazine

Godannar: Complete Collection due out on 10/1/13.
    Includes 36-page booklet.

Special Features: Character Profiles; Mechanical Profiles; Godannar Key Words & Case Files; Production Sketches (Video); Moriloto & Hayashi Special Report; The Seven Mysteries!; Recording the Songs (Video); Swimsuit Gallery; Japanese Commercial Collection; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Last edited by WTK; 08-06-2013, 05:31 PM.

Re: Godannar: Complete Collection

The art definitely gets the point across, though something about the selection seems odd to me, like the cropping from the original image makes it seem like the characters are crowding the space or something. At least it doesn't have anything like the oddities on the original ADV singles covers such as feet being abruptly cut in half due to interesting screencapping decisions.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

So are all the special features included from the ADV single releases?

Comment

Well, it certainly showcases the busty babes . . . but where's the rest? No anatomically correct giant robots? And what about the female fans - shouldn't they get one of the broad shouldered hunks to ogle?

Edit: By the way, what's in the background? I can't really tell what those circles and flames (?) are supposed to be.
        Last edited by One Vorlon; 06-27-2013, 07:16 PM.
        "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

I approve of this cover though I do admit the lady in the purple has some severe Escher girl syndrome, if that is her ass in the lower left. I actually for her sake hope that isn't her body, because she would literally have to be split in two to achieve that.

Comment

Originally posted by smashwagon View Post
            I approve of this cover though I do admit the lady in the purple has some severe Escher girl syndrome, if that is her ass in the lower left.
            The redhead with the glasses? That's Anna's mother. And yes, I believe that is her in the lower left corner.

I actually for her sake hope that isn't her body, because she would literally have to be split in two to achieve that.
            <shrugs> Well, this is Godannar, after all. What do you expect from a world where the mecha have jiggling breasts?
            "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

Comment

I like most of the original release covers more than this -- they managed to include the T & A for marketing but also Goh and a robot or two. Look at the cover for disc 1 and you'll even see robot T & A for those so inclined

Comment

Originally posted by davesimmons View Post
                Look at the cover for disc 1 and you'll even see robot T & A for those so inclined
                Oh certainly. Some of my best relationships have been with robots.

Comment

Yep the current artwork definitely get the point across. There are definitely different artwork that can be picked. I wouldn't be surprised if they change this one up though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                    The art definitely gets the point across, though something about the selection seems odd to me, like the cropping from the original image makes it seem like the characters are crowding the space or something. At least it doesn't have anything like the oddities on the original ADV singles covers such as feet being abruptly cut in half due to interesting screencapping decisions.
                    Got it! The announcement inspired a re-watch, and I just found the artwork in question. The three women pose like that on the cover of the liner notes from Volume 6: Deep Penetration. No cropping's been done, but they've added a new background, and slapped the logo right through the middle of their pose. Which does alter the flow a bit - originally it was all tied together by the top two women resting a hand (each) on Anna's "assets"

Comment

No changes to the cover art. Enlarged flat/3D cover art with disc arts and back cover added to the first post. This release will also include a 36 page booklet.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                        . . . with disc arts and back cover added to the first post. This release will also include a 36 page booklet.
                        If I had to guess, the booklet is just a compilation of the liner notes from the ADV singles. If so, its nothing too spectacular: some commentary on the episodes, but mostly pinup style artwork of the female characters.

The choice of art for the disks is a little interesting. The three female pilots based out of Japan's Dannar base (in their pilot uniforms), Anna's mother (in her lab coat), and one of the American pilots (also in her pilot gear) - but no one from Russia, China, or Great Britain. I can understand the American pilot (got to know your audience, after all), but I'm not clear why they didn't put Anna's mother in her battle gear. She is on the last disk, after all - and that would be chronologically appropriate.

Comment

No changes to the cover art. Enlarged flat/3D cover art with disc arts and back cover added to the first post. This release will also include a 36 page booklet.
                          36 page booklet? This is most definitely a surprise. I wonder what it could be.

Interesting they're doing one on a former ADV show that's been OOP for years.
                          Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MyAnimeList | Anime-Planet | Anime Blu-rays | Anime DVDs | Manga | MyFigureCollection

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
                            If I had to guess, the booklet is just a compilation of the liner notes from the ADV singles.
                            That is correct, it has 22 interviews of varying length with the Japanese staff and VA along with some pin-up art spreads.

I'm not clear why they didn't put Anna's mother in her battle gear. She is on the last disk, after all - and that would be chronologically appropriate.
                            That's easy, we don't have keyart of her in her battle gear.
                            Larry Koteff • Section 23 Filmssentai-filmworks.comtheanimenetwork.com

Comment

. . . with disc arts and back cover added to the first post. This release will also include a 36 page booklet.
                              If I had to guess, the booklet is just a compilation of the liner notes from the ADV singles. If so, its nothing too spectacular: some commentary on the episodes, but mostly pinup style artwork of the female characters.

The choice of art for the disks is a little interesting. The three female pilots based out of Japan's Dannar base (in their pilot uniforms), Anna's mother (in her lab coat), and one of the American pilots (also in her pilot gear) - but no one from Russia, China, or Great Britain. I can understand the American pilot (got to know your audience, after all), but I'm not clear why they didn't put Anna's mother in her battle gear. She is on the last disk, after all - and that would be chronologically appropriate.
                              Though much of her story takes place in Japan after an unfortunate event (avoiding spoilers for newcomers to series), Lou Roux--the younger purple-haired one for those who don't know--seems to be either American or European as well.
                              Last edited by StratosBlitz; 08-07-2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X