• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Yu-Gi-Oh!: Season 1 Collection

Widgets Magazine
    Updated cover art

Preliminary cover art

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Season 1 Collection due out on 9/10/13.
    Contains episodes 1-49.

Special Features: Photo Gallery.

Spoken Languages: English.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-30-2013, 09:21 PM.

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh!: Season 1 Collection

How is it a collectors edition? :p

Comment

Safe to assume season 2 and season 3 might use the same covers used by the now oop Funimation collection releases.

Comment

We Need an "uncut" version of Yu Gi Oh !
        PSN ID: jlacey92

Comment

Originally posted by Arashi92 View Post
          If the failed experiments from 4Kids are any indication, there may not be a market for uncut children's anime.
          I'M THE GREATEST ONE-SHOT VILLAIN THAT NEVER LIVED!!!
          Avatar: Zanald Beihart from "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE"

Comment

The artwork is ok. Yugi in the center is looks pretty cool but I guess I was hoping for more characters on the cover not just the monsters. I also wonder why it is being called a collectors edition.
            Avatar: Haruka from Sakura Trick

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Andrews View Post
              Originally posted by Arashi92 View Post
              If the failed experiments from 4Kids are any indication, there may not be a market for uncut children's anime.
              Not to mention the legal issues with ADK & Yugi's Japanese voice actor which caused 4Kids to pull their subtitled streams from YouTube.
              Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

What is the point of this if it isn't going to include the Jp version and be uncut?

<sigh> I thought when Konami took the rights away from 4Kids they were going to finally release the show with respect.

Comment

The "dub" was heavily edited, so a uncut sub version can't be included. And the uncut edition that was released back then didn't sell too well either. So I guess in their eyes its not worth it? I think their goal with Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and anything else is targeting younger children and the nostalgia crowd that grew up with the dub.

Comment

TRSI has updated their cover to note "NOT FINAL".

Comment

Just like Digimon this is a piece of my childhood and I will bite even though it is Dub only, and as people have already mentioned, a hybrid release is basically impossible due to the cutting in the dub. This is for nostalgia only, and I am cool with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash1306 View Post
                        The "dub" was heavily edited, so a uncut sub version can't be included. And the uncut edition that was released back then didn't sell too well either. So I guess in their eyes its not worth it? I think their goal with Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and anything else is targeting younger children and the nostalgia crowd that grew up with the dub.
                        That is why they need to do a new dub with voice actors that actually care to sound like the characters. When is this show going to be taken seriously?

Comment

Well, the cover works for what this show is, being something that is a heavily Americanized production.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
                          Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
                          Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
                            That is why they need to do a new dub with voice actors that actually care to sound like the characters. When is this show going to be taken seriously?
                            You're taking about an anime that was designed to promote a card game. It was never meant to be taken seriously.
                            I'M THE GREATEST ONE-SHOT VILLAIN THAT NEVER LIVED!!!
                            Avatar: Zanald Beihart from "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE"

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Andrews View Post
                              Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
                              You're taking about an anime that was designed to promote a card game. It was never meant to be taken seriously.
                              Don't just you love jelly filled donuts? :D Oh you, silly 4Kids.
                              Time never betrays dreams. But on the flip side, dreams must not betray time.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X