Widgets Magazine

The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Widgets Magazine

The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 8/20/13. | Trailer
    Contains episodes 1-24.

Special Features: Textless Songs, Original Trailers.

Ā© 2010 Takaya Kagami/Denyuuden Project. Licensed by FUNimationĀ® Productions, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
    Last edited by WTK; 06-11-2013, 05:03 PM.

Re: The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

It gets the job done, but I prefer the cover arts on the parts.
    Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
    Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Re: The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Not an especially impressive offering, but it's not too bad. I'll probably end up picking this up at some point.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by joelgundam01 View Post
        It gets the job done, but I prefer the cover arts on the parts.
        Ditto. I'm never fond of awkwardly-assembled group collages, regardless of which country they originate from. The amount of flat, tan background that's visible doesn't help matters much either.
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I get the feeling that this cover art had been used before for some reason. In any case, while it's quite busy for my tastes, the artwork suits this show very well, at least if it is for a complete collection re-releases it gets the job done. But then again, the tan background isn't exactly what would make for something dazzling.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Echidna, Re:Zero
          Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
          Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Not liking this one too much. It feels like a collage of characters. The half season sets look better.

Comment

It's kind of funny how group images often run the risk of either being too busy, feeling thrown together or both. Well, I guess it increases the chance of a character you like being on the cover. Not that I ever finished it anyway......

Comment

Group images sometimes work, but not in this case when its just random poses of the characters slapped together. I'm happy with my LE set.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberdyne View Post
                  Group images sometimes work, but not in this case when its just random poses of the characters slapped together.
                  Agreed.

If you're going to put more than a few characters on a cover (or artbox, or poster, or any art composition), if they're not all going to be proportionally and positionally correct as if they were all in one room for a photoshoot, then there had better be some sense behind the arrangement. For example, I think the image that was used for FUNimation's S.A.V.E. Edition release of Dragonaut works because there was clearly some thought put into it, even if the end result is still a little busy. Now, that image was also created by the Japanese from scratch to be that way, while the cover this thread is about seems on the face of it like something that FUNimation assembled in-house from multiple pieces of artwork that were available, but that doesn't mean it has to look so last-minute cut-and-paste.
                  asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                  Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                  Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberdyne View Post
                    Group images sometimes work, but not in this case when its just random poses of the characters slapped together. I'm happy with my LE set.
                    Yep. It's one thing to have group images for the cover art. It is often a great idea to do it, especially for the complete collection for a show such as this. But here, this is just a lazy design altogether. It's quite the hack job there that just mixes and matches without any regard to how well things are blending in. It has more of the look of something that was the result of cutting and pasting rather than something the artist drew up and designed.
                    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I just got the set in today. This is one of those covers, where it looks better in person compared the enlarged screen shot. I can't put my finger on why though.
                      Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
                      Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Does seem a bit of the ol' fill the space by slapping this here and that there, but still manages to look clean enough. Regardless, a very likely buy not too far down the line.

Comment

Got my set in today. The discs are in an 8-disc BD case with a slipcover. I can provide pics of the rest of the set if anybody wants them, but here's the back cover.

What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

The back cover certainly looks better than the front with that shiny red background there putting a nice touch of zing to this. That looks better than the beige background on the front there. The character shots there are quite nice, and it has just the right amount of text on it, though there are too many screenshots for my taste. Not bad for a complete collection.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X