X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Princess Knight, Part 1

Widgets Magazine

Princess Knight, Part 1 due out on 8/20/13 (Was 6/4/13). | TRSI listing
    The original English broadcast version from 1967!

Contains episodes 1-26.

Spoken Languages: English.

Note: Princess Knight originally aired on Japanese television from 1967 through 1968. It was then edited, recut, and syndicated in the United States during the 1970s. Like many shows of its time which did not benefit from today's focus on preservation, the master materials on which Princess Knight was recorded have deteriorated, and the video and audio quality varies greatly from episode to episode.
    Last edited by WTK; 05-08-2013, 07:22 PM.

Re: Princess Knight, Part 1

I guess I wasn't sure what I was expecting for the cover. I think it does the job though it feels like there is an excess amount of the colored background.

Comment

This feels a little plain, changing the background could help.

Comment

It might work better if the inset background color and the outer background color were not the same.

Maybe the right front hoof of the horse should also be transversing the border.

Comment

Yes, all I do is imagine how the princess will have to put her poor horse down in a moment after it shatters its front leg.

Comment

Not my favorite, but it looks nice. The background color is just not doing it for me.
            Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
            Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
            Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

Looks good enough. By Nozomi's standards, this cover is lacking. But considering the age of this show, I think it works very nicely.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
              Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
              Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

It's... simple, but nice. In a way, it kinda fits with the time of the show. I like it. Still hoping Nozomi'll consider a sub only set.

Comment

I apologize for the quality of the pictures.

0715131112.jpg
                  0715131112a.jpg
                  0715131112b.jpg
                  0715131113.jpg

Comment

I figured this would get a nice, initial box release instead of a plastic case from the start. It looks like a nice release. I am hoping for a Japanese track release. If that can't happen, I will probably grab this release.
                    Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                    Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                    Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

It looks pretty simple, but it looks very nice, certainly fitting for a show of its kind given the era this show originated from. Very nice all-around.
                      Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Here is another shot via C&L

Comment

Lots of text on the back and not much else. Still, it looks good considering how old this show is.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X