Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] My Neighbor Totoro

Widgets Magazine

My Neighbor Totoro (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) due out on 5/21/13.

Re: My Neighbor Totoro

Well, what other cover art could Disney have used?
    My animé & figure collections
    Hummingbird
    || Tweeterings
    XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

AU, JP, UK covers:

Comment

Will this be in dvd size or blu-ray case?

Comment

Well, what do you know.
          Originally posted by Vash1306
          Seems too tall to be a Blu-ray to me.
          My animé & figure collections
          Hummingbird
          || Tweeterings
          XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Originally posted by Vash1306 View Post
            All of Disney's Ghibli blu-rays have been in standard blu-ray cases, so I see no reason for this (and Howl) to be any different. Plus, I'm pretty sure that Disney uses that blue border on most of their blu-rays that aren't "platinum" or "diamond" editions on the blu-ray sized cases, so that's what this should be.

Still amused that they choose to use the early art with the girl who isn't even in the movie since Miyazaki decided to split her personality into Satsuki and Mei for the final film.
            Last edited by Serial Experiments Nobue; 02-15-2013, 02:33 PM.
            Ana & Matsuri sandwich || my avatar library
            ~ Currently Watching: [email protected] Xenoglossia; Devil Hunter Yohko
            ~ Last Watched: Manabi Straight!; Ghost in the Shell; Space Patrol Luluco; My Neighbor Totoro; Sailor Moon S (film)
            homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

I'm sorry, but how ****ing idiotic is it to continually use artwork that was actually prototypical and shows a character that wasn't actually in the movie?!
              Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

As expected, we continue to use the image of when Satsuki and Mei briefly fused into one girl during the iconic bus stop scene.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Originally posted by DiRF View Post
                  I'm sorry, but how ****ing idiotic is it to continually use artwork that was actually prototypical and shows a character that wasn't actually in the movie?!
                  Especially when they used the Au cover on their first DVD release? The one I'm looking at right now. Why didn't they go back to this? As you say, just idiotic!

As for the size, the blue bordered slip cover shown is their standard Disney Ghibli BD release format. The Studio Ghibli part is an embossed gold colour and the spine is in gold as well. They've used it for all five of their previous Ghibli combo editions so these new additions should match up perfectly which I like a lot.

Now somebody tell me if there's going to be any differences in the English audio track? Well it be identical to my first edition DVD release or are they going to do another Laputa on us? That was my one big disappointment with that BD release?

J. A.
                  Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                  Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                  Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                  Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Yeah, I wish they would use any of the covers used by AU, DE (same artwork as JP), JP, or UK. Instead they continue with this artwork. For the very least, the movie is coming out on Blu-ray.

Comment

Actually, I'm one of the few people who really liked this "fused" Mei/Satsuki cover. But then again I always like seeing prototype artwork, and I find it really cool whenever prototype artwork is used for an official release of a film. I guess it doesn't make "sense" and might leave mainstream buyers scratching their heads, but the creative process interests me personally more than "sense".

Comment

A very nice, classic looks to this cover, which is fit for a great classic movie that this is. While I prefer the Japanese covers, this one is just nice as well.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
                        Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Galaxy Angel, Inou Battle
                        Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The cover is fine, but the border is way too large.

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
                            The cover is fine, but the border is way too large.
                            I really like the borders on their Ghibli releases. They make the slip covers look really classy and unique!

And now that they've started doing this, I don't want them to change it as it wouldn't match with all the other Ghibli releases.

J. A.
                            Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                            Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                            Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                            Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...