• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Fate/stay night: Complete Collection

Widgets Magazine
    Updated cover art

Preliminary cover art

Fate/stay night: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) due out on 10/14/14.

Fate/stay night: Complete Collection (DVD) due out on 3/19/13.
    Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Last edited by WTK; 08-12-2014, 11:15 AM.

Re: Fate/stay night: Complete Collection

Hey, not bad! That's the artwork from the second collection of Geneon Universal Japan's discount DVD re-release of the series, by the way. I like the image, though the composition is a bit wonky in terms of the varying character sizes and placement. I kind of wish the logo were sized and located where it is on the Japanese cover, but it still works pretty well being centered. I'll probably re-buy to show support and for the artwork (already preordered the Blu-ray sets, and still own Geneon USA's original singles).
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I like it. This artwork is appropriate for a complete collection release.

Comment

I like the art, but I'll pass on the release as I already own it on dvd. Just waiting for a bluray release of the complete series.

Comment

Too bad there is that guy on the cover... The guy who ruins everything.

Comment

Damn, one of the rare times the Blu-ray and DVD releases are different, and the DVD release's cover is way better than either of the Blu-ray releases. Oh well, the first Blu-ray still looks pretty good, and you can't win everything.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

No changes to cover art. Enlarged flat/3D cover art with disc arts and back cover added to the first post.

Comment

Well good thing I have the previous Funi DVD thinpack release since this one doesn't seem to include any of the extras. One thing I notice this DVD has the Clean Opening and Closing but Part 2 Bluray doesn't.

Comment

I wonder if they will do a complete set for the BD.

Comment

Originally posted by formerroadie View Post
                    As long as they keep operating as they have been, there should indeed be an eventual complete Blu-ray collection. Not for at least a year, though. Likely priced at $89.98 MSRP. There's a chance such a set could include the Unlimited Blade Works movie, though planning such a set would likely compel them to push the MSRP up over $100 which doesn't tend to go over well with folks; I really don't see a set that includes UBW being priced at only $99.98, but who knows? They may decide at that point that making the series that much more attractive to new potential buyers by including UBW in a complete set, even if it means cutting into their profit margin a bit more, is worth doing.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                      As long as they keep operating as they have been, there should indeed be an eventual complete Blu-ray collection. Not for at least a year, though. Likely priced at $89.98 MSRP. There's a chance such a set could include the Unlimited Blade Works movie, though planning such a set would likely compel them to push the MSRP up over $100 which doesn't tend to go over well with folks; I really don't see a set that includes UBW being priced at only $99.98, but who knows? They may decide at that point that making the series that much more attractive to new potential buyers by including UBW in a complete set, even if it means cutting into their profit margin a bit more, is worth doing.
                      That gives them an opportunity to fix the lack of chapter stops and whatever will inevitably be wrong with part 2. I'm not going to be pleased about having to triple dip, though.
                      Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                        Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                        That gives them an opportunity to fix the lack of chapter stops and whatever will inevitably be wrong with part 2. I'm not going to be pleased about having to triple dip, though.
                        They could always roll out a stealth fix for subsequent pressings of the first set. Not that they'd offer replacements, of course, but it would mean one could individually replace one's copies that way, by buying a new half-set at less than whatever the cost of an eventual complete set would be, and then further offset that cost by selling off one's old set. It's not great, but it would be better than nothing.

That said, I'd like to see them take the next year or less to figure out how to properly author and encode 1080i content. That would get me to re-re-buy the series in a second.
                        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Lots of screenshots on the back. At least the background makes up for some of its shortcomings.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
                          Watching: Utawarerumono: The False Faces, Galaxy Angel, Inou Battle
                          Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Is it me or does Archer look a bit off color on that 3rd DVD...
                            Takachsh Top-Ten Anime: [1] Fate/Zero, [2] Gantz, [3] Gundam SEED, [4] Get Backers, [5] xxxHolic, [6] Kaleido Star, [7] Hell Girl, [8] Death Note, [9] Mai-HiME, [10] FMA: Brotherhood
                            My Weakness - The words "Limited Edition"

Comment

Originally posted by takachsh View Post
                              Is it me or does Archer look a bit off color on that 3rd DVD...
                              It's just the result of awkwardness in that composite promotional image, having disc 1 overlap disc 3 where it does, so that only the half of Archer's face that's in shadow is seen. The actual image, and thus Archer's full face that will be visible on the disc silkscreen, looks less odd.
                              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X