Widgets Magazine

Spice and Wolf: Season 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (LE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heiki
    replied
    Re: Spice and Wolf: Season 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (LE)

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
    As one of those weirdoes who leaves the shrinkwrap on artboxes, I wish they'd stop adhering those sheets to the outside, or at least got sheets with weaker adhesive (I tried picking the one off the Ga-Rei-Zero LE, and it just wasn't gonna happen). I was pleasantly surprised to see that the sheet for the Baka and Test LE still had its backing paper on and was wrapped underneath the shrinkwrap (like all of TRSI's summary sheets, for example), though I did wonder how that came about, since I would have to believe that sticking the thing to the outside is far easier in terms of mass-production than shrinkwrapping a box with a loose sheet resting on one side.

Not a big deal, just a comment. I should obviously just stop worrying about it and rip the shrinkwrap off like a normal person if I wanted to be able to display the other side. But I never claimed to be normal, so...
    Thanks for the tip! :D
    I never really thought about keeping the shrinkwrap on my artboxes, but it does turn out to be a good idea, and I will be doing that from now on.

Leave a comment:

• Glorian
    replied

Originally posted by chidecki View Post
    Additionally, I love this idea of a chipboard box that will hold a multi-series. I'm hopeing it's done more often.
    Yeah, I like the idea too, but I'm not sure that it will happen terribly often. For something like that to happen, you'd need a series that was at least two seasons long, Funi would need to actually license both seasons, and then they'd need to release a box capable of holding both seasons with either season 1 or season 2. It's not impossible (they did something similar with some two cour shows like Phantom), but it doesn't seem to line up really well with the way they're currently releasing shows. I'm inclined to think that Spice and Wolf was a special case that was possible because of a change in release strategies, but I could be wrong, of course.

Leave a comment:

• chidecki
    replied

Originally posted by tigerpants View Post
    It's always tough to know what to do with the filler boxes! I tend to like cutting mine apart since it's like getting bonus postcards on heavy paper. ^_^
    I keep all mine in one of those huge plastic containers you get at Target just in case I decide to sell the series, (not like I'd sell Spice & Wolf, I can watch this series endlessly ). Additionally, I love this idea of a chipboard box that will hold a multi-series. I'm hopeing it's done more often.

Leave a comment:

• tigerpants
    replied

It's always tough to know what to do with the filler boxes! I tend to like cutting mine apart since it's like getting bonus postcards on heavy paper. ^_^

Leave a comment:

• Hayate Kurogane
    replied

Hey, the summary sheet on the outside of the shrinkwrap peeled nicely off of this one! Hooray!

Which I then took and stuck to a slightly heavy sheet of paper to use as backing, trimmed the excess off, put it underneath some books overnight to flatten it out (it curled up after peeling) and make sure the adhesive stuck to the paper, and then the next morning placed it inside the artbox for safekeeping.

Now, how many people have I just totally out-geeked and/or scared away?
    I did the same thing with mine! ^_^
    Comrade! :D

*highfives*

Totally! But I will probably lose points since I cut the filler box apart so I could have the pretty artwork propped up on my desk... LOL <(*o *);;
    Only a couple of points, though, since you're making extra-good use of it. Mine has gone to live in a large box with other such filler boxes; since it's so skinny, I left it as-is, but if it were bigger, I would've opened the top and bottom so I could flatten it out.

Leave a comment:

• tigerpants
    replied

Hey, the summary sheet on the outside of the shrinkwrap peeled nicely off of this one! Hooray!

Which I then took and stuck to a slightly heavy sheet of paper to use as backing, trimmed the excess off, put it underneath some books overnight to flatten it out (it curled up after peeling) and make sure the adhesive stuck to the paper, and then the next morning placed it inside the artbox for safekeeping.

*highfives*

Totally! But I will probably lose points since I cut the filler box apart so I could have the pretty artwork propped up on my desk... LOL <(*o *);;

Leave a comment:

• Hayate Kurogane
    replied

Originally posted by Isuzu Inugami View Post
    Everything's fine except for the part about the backing paper.

That's just weird, man.
    It's all part of the ritual. You understand, don't you?

Leave a comment:

• Hayate Kurogane
    replied

*highfives*

Leave a comment:

• einhorn303
    replied

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    For this release, you have to be careful that you get the coin out before you toss the box.
    My coin wasn't taped or secured in any way, it just fell out when I opened the box. Was wondering what it was (forgot it was a bonus) before noticing the Holo engraving.
    I have to remember for the future: "Never open Funimation LE's over a carpeted floor."

Leave a comment:

• tigerpants
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SpoilerHappy
    replied

For this release, you have to be careful that you get the coin out before you toss the box. I was searching for the coin when I got this, and it turned out to be taped to the very bottom of the box. With the ones that came with Slayers, it was taped on the shrink wrap, but here they put it in a place that can be missed.
    Thank you very much for posting this - just got mine and I totally would have missed the coin.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

For this release, you have to be careful that you get the coin out before you toss the box.
    My coin wasn't taped or secured in any way, it just fell out when I opened the box. Was wondering what it was (forgot it was a bonus) before noticing the Holo engraving.

Leave a comment:

• Isuzu Inugami
    replied

Everything's fine except for the part about the backing paper.

That's just weird, man.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis_Mullin
    replied

Not me, I'm too busy taking notes of what to do when my set arrives... :D

Leave a comment:

• Glorian
    replied

For this release, you have to be careful that you get the coin out before you toss the box. I was searching for the coin when I got this, and it turned out to be taped to the very bottom of the box. With the ones that came with Slayers, it was taped on the shrink wrap, but here they put it in a place that can be missed.
    Thanks for the pointer! I thought I hadn't gotten one, but after I read your comment, I checked the box and managed to find it.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X