Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Fate/stay night: Complete Collection 1

Widgets Magazine

Fate/stay night: Complete Collection 1 (Blu-ray) due out on 1/29/13.
    Last edited by WTK; 01-14-2013, 09:23 PM.

Re: Fate/stay night: Complete Collection 1

Assuming this sticks, looks like they're going with the JP covers from two F/SN DVD collections from a few years back. Certainly works for a collection, although it's a pretty boring image.
    Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

The characters look nice, but with two red shirts and a red background, they blend in a bit (and awkwardly). A different background color or more dramatic lighting on the characters would fix this...

Comment

Not really an exciting cover, difficult to tell who is the main character (praying so much it is not Saber, such a boring character in F/z)
        AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
          Not really an exciting cover, difficult to tell who is the main character (praying so much it is not Saber, such a boring character in F/z)
          Shirou, the red-haired character in the lower left, is more or less the main character, much to the chagrin of some.

Fate/Zero spoiler:

Spoiler ->You would have already met him as a young boy, briefly, at the end of Fate/Zero, when Kiritsugu rescues him from the ruins, and after a brief time jump, when they have a version of their iconic conversation on the porch at night.

That said, this incarnation of Fate/stay night also revolves significantly around Saber, which was also greatly alluded to throughout Fate/Zero (being a prequel and all), as she's always been a main character and more or less the face of the franchise.

Fate/stay night has quite a bit of a different tone and plot to it than Fate/Zero, but the general thrust of the story is largely the same as Fate/Zero, with Saber aspiring to right the wrongs she felt she had committed, and her Master (Kiritsugu in F/Z, and Shirou in F/SN) aspiring to validate his motivation and goals, and the other characters being of various levels of significance interacting with those two. So, if Saber was a problem for you in Fate/Zero, then she's going to be a problem for you in Fate/stay night.
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Not a bad cover, but I would have preferred something that emphasized Saber a little more. Definite buy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
              So, if Saber was a problem for you in Fate/Zero, then she's going to be a problem for you in Fate/stay night.
              Ugh, oh well Ill still check it out, one bad apple cant ruin the whole anime for me.
              AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                So, if Saber was a problem for you in Fate/Zero, then she's going to be a problem for you in Fate/stay night.
                Ugh, oh well Ill still check it out, one bad apple cant ruin the whole anime for me.
                If you're like many fans out there, then Shirou might help ruin the rest of it for you. :D
                asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
                  Assuming this sticks, looks like they're going with the JP covers from two F/SN DVD collections from a few years back. Certainly works for a collection, although it's a pretty boring image.
                  The second set's cover will more than make up for it if your assumption is correct.
                  Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                    Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
                    The second set's cover will more than make up for it if your assumption is correct.
                    I agree it's a more attractive cover, but I'm not really a fan of that manner of character pyramid composition. It's also a somewhat listless looking image.
                    Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

No surprise on the choice here and it definitely works. It's the same artwork that Kazé France used. The second collection will probably use this artwork.

Comment

Wow a cover without Saber being the centerpiece of it. It's an average cover IMO.

Comment

Well, this works really well for the series.

Comment

If you're like many fans out there, then Shirou might help ruin the rest of it for you. :D
                            I started out as a member of the He Man Shirou Hater's club, but he's grown on me over several F S/N viewings and I don't mind him so much now. Rin, Saber and Sakura easily overcome any of Shirou's bad points.

Comment

A pretty expected image, but I like it.

I also like Shirou.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine