• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] The Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky: The Animation

Widgets Magazine
    Update cover arts

Preliminary cover arts

The Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky: The Animation (DVD) due out on 12/18/12.
    The Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky: The Animation (Blu-ray) due out on 12/18/12.
    Last edited by WTK; 02-10-2013, 02:04 PM.

Re: The Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky: The Animation

Creepy odd expressionless faces... though at least the title wording issue appears to have been resolved/corrected.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Looks really bland, maybe move him to the front.
      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

They should zoom out the characters on this one...

Comment

It looks pretty bland. Theres too much dead space at the top. I'll be picking this up once I finish the first game, since this is actually based on the second game and has massive spoilers for the first (I wish they would mention that somewhere. I never would've known if someone didn't tell me)

Comment

I really like it. It has a clean look, the shading is nice, the logo looks good, and yes, the facial expressions on the characters are uncommon enough to make the cover interesting.

It made me curious enough to look up some information on the title (I am unfamiliar with the video game).
            Last edited by Shsway; 09-17-2012, 03:25 PM. Reason: To make better sense of what I was trying to say, in those first two sentences.
            “There was a woman. First time I found someone that was truly alive - at least that's what I thought. She was...the part of me I'd lost somewhere along the way. The part that was missing, that I'd been longing for.” - Spike Spiegel, Cowboy Bebop

Comment

Something just feels off with the two covers. It just doesn't stand out to me.

Comment

It looks really bland and a little odd; this cover isn't making me more interested in the title.

Comment

I don't care for this much, hopefully it changes. I'm somewhat interested in this, not sure how good of an adaption it is.

Comment

I feel bad for looking at these two, as it feels like we have caught them at a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by smashwagon View Post
                      I feel bad for looking at these two, as it feels like we have caught them at a bad time.

Wow lol, I wonder what other art was available to them.
                      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

don't like it at all it's very bland and boring cover art sentai need to upgrade this cover

Comment

It's alright. But the characters are just way too big.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Echidna, Re:Zero
                          Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                          Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                            It's alright. But the characters are just way too big.
                            It is certainly uncommon to have characters that are that large relative to the overall cover size, though I think any media marketing person worth their salt would tell you that this cover is perhaps the most successful of any of the 50 most recent covers listed in this forum, simply because of how large the characters are. Character images, faces in particular, that can be readily and clearly distinguished, are arguably one of the most preferable things to have as a cover image. It's a bit different when we're looking at them in a context like this forum, and thinking about things like whether the image is neat, or whether it's the existing piece of Japanese art we like the most, or whether it's representative of the show, or whether there are enough boobies visible. But I'll bet that anyone who's even glanced past this cover in this thread will find it to be one of the easiest ones to clearly remember afterwards.
                            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

The important thing is the cover tells me I'll probably like the girl with twin tails. Not that I've played any games in the series or watched any of this anime. Hard to gauge a personality from a single image.

(For the record even if I had one of the games it might take months to get around to it)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X