• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere: Season 1 Collection

Widgets Magazine
    Updated cover art

Preliminary cover art

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere: Season 1 Collection (DVD) due out on 11/6/12.
    Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray) due out on 11/6/12.
    Special Features: Far East Enlightening Lecture; Japanese Promos; Japanese Commercial; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Last edited by WTK; 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM.

Re: Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere: Season 1 Collection

Wow. The logo flip (and switch of "on" for "in") was essentially a given, but what an odd choice for the artwork. I would fully have expected Sentai to opt instead for the group promotional image that we're all tired of but also very used to seeing. If they did slipcovers, then the chosen image of Horizon taken from the first Japanese volume would make a great piece for the keepcase, while the promo image would be a nice slipcover image.

Well, in the end, I guess I can't argue too much with skintight-bodysuit-service. And Horizon is the titular (ha!) character, after all.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

An odd choice for a cover but enticing for a blind buy.

Comment

Nice to see just a straightforward adaptation of the first JP cover.

And good to see we're getting some extra content, though I was admittedly hoping the series would have received a bit more of the premium treatment. Oh well, I could have always imported...
        Last edited by Junker Woland; 08-09-2012, 11:37 AM.
        Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

I really like the way this cover looks. I'm not sure whether or not I'm interested in the show, though; I've heard some pretty mixed things about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post

And good to see we're getting some extra content, though I was admittedly hoping the series would have received a bit more of the premium treatment. Oh well, I could have always imported...
            I was kinda sorta hoping to see Sentai pull off another CD like they did with Infinite Stratos or Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth, that compiled all (or some) of the character image songs included on the bonus CDs that came with each Japanese LE, but no dice I guess.

And is the show worth over $1200 plus shipping to import all the Blu-ray LE volumes (through Horizon II), versus $140 for Sentai's eventual two Blu-ray sets? Well, I thought so, as I'm in the process of doing so, but I'm not a normal person.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

My what big boobs this cover has. Its an okay cover I guess, i'll be grabbing it eventually.
              Takachsh Top-Ten Anime: [1] Fate/Zero, [2] Gantz, [3] Gundam SEED, [4] Get Backers, [5] xxxHolic, [6] Kaleido Star, [7] Hell Girl, [8] Death Note, [9] Mai-HiME, [10] FMA: Brotherhood
              My Weakness - The words "Limited Edition"

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post

I was kinda sorta hoping to see Sentai pull off another CD like they did with Infinite Stratos or Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth, that compiled all (or some) of the character image songs included on the bonus CDs that came with each Japanese LE, but no dice I guess.

And is the show worth over $1200 plus shipping to import all the Blu-ray LE volumes (through Horizon II), versus $140 for Sentai's eventual two Blu-ray sets? Well, I thought so, as I'm in the process of doing so, but I'm not a normal person.
                Yeah, I figured with the CD for IS and the bundle of material for Croisee that a high-profile show like Horizon would have seen something added to its contents (even a booklet would have been nice).

The price savings is great, of course, and obviously I spared my wallet on those pretty JP imports. But still, I'll definitely feel a bit disappointed when all I'm looking at are the spines of two skinny BD keepcases.
                Last edited by Junker Woland; 08-09-2012, 12:01 PM.
                Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                  I really like the way this cover looks. I'm not sure whether or not I'm interested in the show, though;
                  Ditto! I will most likely pick up the Blu-ray a little later down the road.
                  Last edited by joelgundam01; 08-09-2012, 01:36 PM.
                  Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
                  Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

I like the cover quite a lot, still surprise they used it for a complete release. Well, this will be one of the rare US release I'll get later on.

Comment

Love it. Can't wait to pick this up.

Comment

So what Sentai is trying to tell us with this cover is "Horizon is too hot to be left in the middle of nowhere, you need to put her on your shelf as soon possible. You must do it because she's hot" or something like that. Hopefully Sentai will be smart and keep the cover this way. I'm hesitant to call her my favorite girl in the series. Actually, I'm not sure who that is. However if anyone makes sense to be on the cover, it's probably her.

Comment

Originally posted by Momoka Kibi View Post
                          So what Sentai is trying to tell us with this cover is "Horizon is too hot to be left in the middle of nowhere, you need to put her on your shelf as soon possible. You must do it because she's hot" or something like that. Hopefully Sentai will be smart and keep the cover this way. I'm hesitant to call her my favorite girl in the series. Actually, I'm not sure who that is. However if anyone makes sense to be on the cover, it's probably her.
                          Masazumi Honda is definitely my girl, perhaps in large part because it's more of Miyuki Sawashiro sounding adorably flustered, though perhaps also because my NSFW Seijun-service dakimakura cover compels me to not think otherwise.

Though upon a rewatch, and heading into season 2, I'm starting to become quite the fan of Tomo Asama as well.
                          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

cover looks Good, they could have done better, Im happy they releasing it, I Will Buy it day one, but comon sentai should have chose this one for the cover ae9926e61a46dbaa3b618e8295ac2a6e1318601173_full.jpg

Comment

It's probably the appropriate choice of Horizon here (if final). It gets the job done. I think single character cover work better here rather than a group cover.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X