X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Fate/Zero Blu-ray Box 2 [Import]

Widgets Magazine
    http://www.fate-zero.jp/movies/spot21.html

Fate/Zero Blu-ray Box 2 [Import] due out on 9/19/12.
    RightStuf.com listings | Due to licensing restrictions, this product cannot be shipped to Japan.

Volume: Box II (while supplies last)
    SKU #: ANSX-9441-9447
    UPC code: 4534530056382
    Release Date: 9/19/2012
    SRP: $454.98
    Retail Price: $329.98

Bonus (US and Canada only):English translation of "Animation Material II" (* Translation of the Japanese production material booklet)

Disc Spec
    ■ Languages: Japanese
    ■ Video: 16:9 / HD Widescreen / 1920 x 1080p / MPEG-4 AVC
    ■ Audio: Japanese: Linear PCM/Stereo 48KHz/24bit
    ■ Subtitles: Japanese & English
    ■ Extras: New bonus animation (written by Kinoko Nasu), Trailer Collections, TV Spots, Textless Opening and Ending
    ■ Episodes: Episodes 14-25 with unaired new footage
    ■ Total Run Time: approx. 215 min.
    ■ Region: --
    ■ Rating: 17 UP graphic violence

Product General Info
    PRODUCT INCLUDES:
    ■Set of 7 discs (4 Blu-ray discs + 1 Bonus BD + 2 CDs)
    ■Exclusive Box artwork by Takashi Takeuchi
    ■Deluxe Digipak
    ■Fate/Zero Animation Materials II

Bonus Materials
    FEATURED Blu-ray
    ■Episodes 14-25 with Never-Seen-Before Unaired Footages

BONUS Blu-ray
    ■“Please! Einzbern Counseling Room” (story written by KINOKO NASU)
    ■Trailer Collections (2nd Season Promotion Videos)
    ■TV Spot Collections
    ■Textless Opening and Ending

BONUS CDs
    ■CD1 “Fate/Zero Original Soundtrack II (Music by Yuki Kajiura)
    ■CD2 “Original Drama CD” (written by Gen Urobuchi)

ANIMATION MATERIALS II (Booklet)
    ■Exclusive staff interviews, conceptual art, and other “never-seen-before” production materials
    ■US EXCLUSIVE!! English translation of Animation Materials II

*Bonus materials subject to change.

www.FateZeroUSA.com
    ©Nitroplus / TYPE-MOON, ufotable, FZPC
    Last edited by WTK; 09-03-2012, 11:15 PM.

Re: Fate/Zero Blu-ray Box 2 [Import]

That's damn sexy. Funny, though, that they can't get away with a Masters piece of artwork without Saber charging into it. :D
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Artwork looks a little busy. But the amount of bonus material is incredible.

Comment

OMFG! Soooo Pretty!!! This...image..... So glad im getting this! Worth every penny im saving!!
        Takachsh Top-Ten Anime: [1] Fate/Zero, [2] Gantz, [3] Gundam SEED, [4] Get Backers, [5] xxxHolic, [6] Kaleido Star, [7] Hell Girl, [8] Death Note, [9] Mai-HiME, [10] FMA: Brotherhood
        My Weakness - The words "Limited Edition"

Comment

Nice image, and I look forward to shots of the eventual package (though I'm sure it'll be relatively similar to the first set).

That said, it really bothers that there's still no explicit annotation stating that (I'm assuming) there will be no English subtitles for "'Please! Einzbern Counseling Room' (story written by KINOKO NASU)." Yes, this is technically an import, but as far as I'm concerned, Aniplex USA is currently pushing this as the official North American release of the series; and I find the lack of such notices disingenuous. Of course, I'm sure they figure the average consumer isn't touching this thing, so what does it matter...
          Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
            Nice image, and I look forward to shots of the eventual package (though I'm sure it'll be relatively similar to the first set).

That said, it really bothers that there's still no explicit annotation stating that (I'm assuming) there will be no English subtitles for "'Please! Einzbern Counseling Room' (story written by KINOKO NASU)." Yes, this is technically an import, but as far as I'm concerned, Aniplex USA is currently pushing this as the official North American release of the series, and I find the lack of such notices disingenuous. Of course, I'm sure they figure the average consumer isn't touching this thing, so what does it matter...
            Not that it's any sort of excuse, but the info is pretty much just a straight translation of the info found on the equivalent Japanese series/product page, so it likely hasn't occurred to anyone at AoA to add or change any information other than the U.S. pricing.

These are also the people who did such a good job proofreading the Madoka Magica summary sheets, remember (Oh, wait...), and did proper QC on the slipcase for the Oreimo LE (Oh, wait...). Stuff like that is still surprising to me given that Goto and Tsukamoto are not novices when it comes to running a U.S. subsidiary of a Japanese entertainment media company.

Rather than your latter bit of logic about most of the customer base not caring about, or not being able to afford, the release, and/or the idea that expectations for a straight import for which the episode subtitles fall more on the side of "incidental benefit" than "comprehensive feature," I'd say the lack of mention of that detail is just an oversight. Given that TRSI is the primary retailer for the set, though, an e-mail to them should result in a note on their store's product pages, and that's really still a good place for it; the solicitation info may not be correct, but they'd have to go through that product page to purchase the actual item, so if people aren't reading then, it's their own fault. They do list things like locked subtitles for some NISA titles when poked about it, after all.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

Not that it's any sort of excuse, but the info is pretty much just a straight translation of the info found on the equivalent Japanese series/product page, so it likely hasn't occurred to anyone at AoA to add or change any information other than the U.S. pricing.
              I'm aware, but they've still taken the time to add the U.S. pricing and info promoting the translated booklet--not having anything appended to the other extras just tells me they're lazy or simply don't care.

And yeah, maybe I need to keep my expectations in-check. I wasn't touching the DVD-only Oreimo, but it amazed me how the copy on the Madoka covers seemed to get worse, with each subsequent release.
              Rather than your latter bit of logic about most of the customer base not caring about...
              Actually, that's not what I was insinuating. I think the customer base does care, but since it's small and probably already committed to a purchase, the thought of making the effort to note the lack of subtitled extras probably matters very little--if at all--to Aniplex USA.

As for TRSI, without actual confirmation of the extras lacking subtitles, I wonder if they would update their product pages. NISA at least now mentions in their product descriptions when a show's subtitles are locked (they've even amended the listings of previous series like Arakawa & Katanagatari).

Ultimately, my issue still remains that I think Aniplex USA is being a bit shady in how they're promoting these sets to the U.S. market.
              Last edited by Junker Woland; 08-09-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Rather than your latter bit of logic about most of the customer base not caring about...
                Actually, that's not what I was insinuating. I think the customer base does care, but since it's small and probably already committed to a purchase, the thought of making the effort to note the lack of subtitled extras is something that probably matters very little--if at all--to Aniplex USA.
                Oh, sorry. I meant customers at large, not the target audience for these sets specifically.

As for TRSI, without actual confirmation of the extras lacking subtitles, I wonder if they would update their product pages. NISA at least now mentions in their product descriptions when a show's subtitles are locked (they've even amended the listings of previous series like Arakawa & Katanagatari).
                I sent them a note, and they're incredible about responding, so we'll see. Given that they're the only primary distributor for AoA's products, I would have to imagine they'd be able to ask someone directly and get confirmation. At the very least, they could update the product pages for the first set, given that it's been released and someone they trust must have an open copy to double-check.

That said, I wonder if they'd go ahead and update the listings for FUNimation's crippled products as well, if asked? Obviously there are reasons not to do so, but you never know.
                asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

That said, I wonder if they'd go ahead and update the listings for FUNimation's crippled products as well, if asked? Obviously there are reasons not to do so, but you never know.
                  Again, hard to say what they would or wouldn't update, without some notice from the actual licensee.

What I can say is upon getting clearance to return my Shiki sets, the company representative actually suggested, if I had any future concerns about a FUNi product potentially having locked subtitles, that I could contact TRSI first, before making a purchase. Makes sense, since it's easier than handling returns, but I still appreciated that they made such an offer.

Comment

It looks really nice, maybe a little too busy...

Comment

So damn pretty. I'm actually starting to consider dropping this money...
                      My Top Anime | Manga
                      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
                      My FP Reviews | Twitter
                      Fandom Post Radio

Comment

Shut up and take my money!!!!!!!!!

Good gawd that looks good. I think it looks better than the first cover.
                        Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Yet another solid Fate/Zero artwork. In some ways, I like this one more than the first boxset. Let's see what the packaging will look like (of which I think will be similar/same as the first boxset).

Comment

Poor Waver looks like he's desperately trying to escape that sausage fest.
                            Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                              Poor Waver looks like he's desperately trying to escape that sausage fest.
                              not if you include Irisviel and her boobs doubling as the horizon, which also happen to be oversized compared to the Grail itself. I still think two of those characters shouldn't be in there.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X