Widgets Magazine

Spice and Wolf: Season 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Spice and Wolf: Season 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Widgets Magazine

Spice and Wolf: Season 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Reg) due out on 8/30/11 (Was 8/2/11). | Trailer
    Contains episodes 00-12.

Special Features: "Studying" with Holo, "Stretching" with Holo: Yoitz Style, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, Trailers.
    Last edited by WTK; 06-23-2011, 03:31 PM.

Re: Spice and Wolf: Season 2 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

The light-novel-like artwork contrasts a bit with the artwork used for all the season 1 sets. I plan to pre-order this release soon, if it gets listed on Right Stuf before the current FUNimation sale ends.
    My animé & figure collections
    Hummingbird
    || Tweeterings
    XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

This one isn't bad. I like that they went with the novel art.
      Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by Draneor View Post
        This one isn't bad. I like that they went with the novel art.
        Kind of a shame they didn't for the season 1 Blu-ray set, huh?
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

This definitely nicer than the S1 artwork. I like this. I will be getting this. I'm still curious about the how this release will be packaged though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
            Yes. Very much so.
            Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

Comment

This looks really great! I can't wait to finally watch this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                That would have been a great idea!

Comment

Not bad, but I like Season 1's cover art better.
                  Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
                  Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Really nice. I'd take a slight mismatch over both S1 and S2 having the anime designs on the cover. And at least the spines match up quite well.
                    The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

looks great, can't wait to watch this.
                      currently watching: kaleido star !!!!

Comment

Contrasts a bit with the previous cover, but not in a bad way. Happy to be getting it.

Comment

Great cover art, and certainly looks better than the first season that I got. It's a sharp contrast with the first now that Holo is getting all aggressive here. I am definitely buying this.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
                          Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
                          Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

That looks very nice. I'm very pleased to see the novel-style art on the cover. It would be even better if the LE version includes an artbox with even more novel-style art.... but I probably shouldn't get my hopes up. And WTF at not also using novel style art for the season 1 BD release. Well, whatever. I'll definitely be getting both of them, but I might wait for the S1 BD set to hit the bargain bin.

Edit: Also, I guess I'll be the one to point out that the set distinctly says 12 episodes, so apparently we aren't getting the OVA.
                            Edit 2: Er, wait. It says 12 on the front, but 13 on the spine. So it is there.
                            Last edited by Hitokiri; 05-14-2011, 02:12 PM.
                            So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
                              Edit 2: Er, wait. It says 12 on the front, but 13 on the spine. So it is there.
                              Probably just isn't finalized. I wouldn't expect the bonus stuff to be included in the episode count anyway, unless it actually contains plot.

Season 2 should contain the bonus stuff, though I'm not exactly sure what that'll be.
                              My animé & figure collections
                              Hummingbird
                              || Tweeterings
                              XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...