Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Wagnaria!!: Complete Series Standard Edition

Widgets Magazine

Wagnaria!!: Complete Series Standard Edition due out on 7/5/11. MSRP: $49.99 (Premium Edition had a MSRP of $59.99)
    Contains episodes 1-13 and a story guide leaflet.

Special Features: Clean Ending.
    Last edited by WTK; 05-13-2011, 09:06 PM.

Re: Wagnaria!!: Complete Series Standard Edition

I'm seeing a smaller case with a booklet included? This might be the way more people would pursue NISA collections. The artbox and big booklet are nice, but I'd be just as happy with this seemingly similar solution. Glad to see they had to do another print run so soon. Shows they aren't over soliciting and making money off these properties.
    Impassionedcinema Thank You, Sentai! Ef Blu-ray is amazing!
    Avatar: Shana - Shakugan no Shana (Jun Kuga)

Comment

Originally posted by bluesilo View Post
      I'm seeing a smaller case with a booklet included?
      TRSI has noted this it will include a story-guide leaflet.

Comment

Much as I want this show (and would prefer the premium version), I'm not sure a $10 price drop is enough to entice me, when NISA never bothered to issue any statement on the skipping and minor brightness problems that cropped-up in the 1st printing of their premium set--I feel like I'd still be gambling on the quality of this standard edition (which might be the case, anyway, given their track record).
        Last edited by Junker Woland; 05-12-2011, 01:30 PM.
        Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
          Much as I want this show (and would prefer the premium version), I'm not sure a $10 price drop is enough to entice me, when NISA never bothered to issue any statement on the skipping and minor brightness problems that cropped-up in the 1st printing of their premium set--I feel like I'd still be gambling on the quality of this standard edition (which might be the case, anyway, given their track record).
          One wonders if their recent statement and corresponding delay regarding the final pressing of the LE set might be something of a cover for fixing these problems, and/or they made some adjustments to fix the issue anyway?

But, given their willingness to make statements regarding other issues being fixed, and their reticence to properly acknowledge the issues they were not going to admit were bad decisions they made or sanctioned (i.e., jacked-up contrast and brightness for Pandora Hearts), the lack of commenting on Wagnaria seems to suggest they don't feel it's a problem, or that it's just not a problem worth fixing.

I'm sure they're tired of it at this point. But hey, all they have to do is stop making silly mistakes, and they can stop wasting time and money addressing them, and stressing out about bad PR. Simple, right?
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

One wonders if their recent statement and corresponding delay regarding the final pressing of the LE set might be something of a cover for fixing these problems, and/or they made some adjustments to fix the issue anyway?
            Quite a possibility, but doesn't satisfy my main concern, which is openly acknowledging there is/was a problem. So while they could essentially be fixing the existing problem, they may also have just gotten a bad second pressing. In the end, unless they do release some word on the original batch, I'll remain extremely wary of these discs.

As for the lack of word on Working!!, I probably view the situation a bit more negatively. Their other mistakes managed to leak into the overall fan consciousness, or in the case of Oinari-sama, where immediately apparent to almost anyone receiving the product. The Working!! discs didn't universally skip for everyone, and for many, the brightness change also seemed to go unnoticed--I worry that instead of openly addressing the problem, they chose to remain silent, hoping to avoid any further bad press.

But yes, it'd be nice to see them get one of these big releases out the door, free of blotches. I'll still probably blind-buy their Katanagatari and (maybe) Arakawa, though I'll certainly be concerned...
            Last edited by Junker Woland; 05-12-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Junker Woland View Post
              But yes, it'd be nice to see them get one of these big releases out the door, free of blotches. I'll still probably blind-buy their Katanagatari and (maybe) Arakawa, though I'll certainly be concerned...
              I've ordered both, and I'm really hoping they'll both be problem-free due to extra QA/QC as a result of having screwed up in such varied ways thus far and an extra-active interest in preventing further preventable small issues. This is a company I was inclined to like before they had even released a product, and that I still want to like, but my faith in them has dwindled. I've still got enough, though, to show some support by preordering for the very first time. And there's always eBay if it doesn't turn out well.
              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

I've ordered both, and I'm really hoping they'll both be problem-free due to extra QA/QC as a result of having screwed up in such varied ways thus far and an extra-active interest in preventing further preventable small issues. This is a company I was inclined to like before they had even released a product, and that I still want to like, but my faith in them has dwindled. I've still got enough, though, to show some support by preordering for the very first time. And there's always eBay if it doesn't turn out well.
                I'm not big on pre-ordering too far in advance (unless absolutely necessary), so I'll likely nab my copies in late June. In terms of the company, I'm confident that they'll fix any major problems, which is enough for me to give these forthcoming BDs a blind shot. I haven't actually been affected much by the NISA jinx, since their products I do own have all been fixed (still waiting on an Oinari-sama box, though), and my tendency to avoid pre-orders meant I knew about Working!! ahead of time. Not sure I'll feel the same if these BDs are flawed.

Comment

This is pretty nice. I already have the Premium edition so I'll pass.

Comment

Larger flat cover art added to the first post...
                    Contains episodes 1-13 and a story guide leaflet.

Special Features: Clean Ending.

Comment

I would have been happy with this, had I known it was going to appear before I bought the premium edition. The premium edition is nice, but I don't really need the massive art box and the very nice artbook. I find it amusing that they need to announce on the cover that this is the STANDARD EDITION. Usually, the way you know something is the standard edition is because it doesn't have any special titling (SPECIAL EDITION! LIMITED EDITION!! SUPER-UBER-COOL-OBSESSIVE FAN EDITION!!!!!) on it.
                      Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
                      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
                      Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by G. B. Smith View Post
                        I would have been happy with this, had I known it was going to appear before I bought the premium edition. The premium edition is nice, but I don't really need the massive art box and the very nice artbook. I find it amusing that they need to announce on the cover that this is the STANDARD EDITION. Usually, the way you know something is the standard edition is because it doesn't have any special titling (SPECIAL EDITION! LIMITED EDITION!! SUPER-UBER-COOL-OBSESSIVE FAN EDITION!!!!!) on it.
                        Perhaps they looked at Bandai's packaging, saw "interactive menus" listed as an extra, and felt like they should state something unnecessary on their own packaging too.
                        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Definitely picking this up. I have no need for boxes or books that I would only look at once, so this fits my wants just fine.
                          Formerly Randall Flagg at AoD.
                          Touch is still the greatest show ever.
                          Avatar: Miyako and Yuno of Hidamari Sketch wish you a Merry Christmas.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X