Galaxy Express 999: Eternal Fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Galaxy Express 999: Eternal Fantasy

Is Emereldas the woman behind Maetel? (Queen Emereldas OVAs would be a good rescue for Discotek)

Comment

Originally posted by Shsway View Post
      Have yet to get anchored into the Leijiverse through any title, but this is VERY nice. It strikes me as being both low-key and cool.
      I'd actually start with the movies first, otherwise you'd be pretty lost at the beginning of this one. It's a suedo follow up to the original TV series, so it doesn't quite fit in iwth the movie canon of the other two films.
      -Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        'd actually start with the movies first, otherwise you'd be pretty lost at the beginning of this one. It's a suedo follow up to the original TV series, so it doesn't quite fit in iwth the movie canon of the other two films.
        This movie follows the manga that Viz released years ago.
        Time never betrays dreams. But on the flip side, dreams must not betray time.

Comment

Not bad, considering the era this show is from. But I feel that the text is just a bit too big.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nene Yoshiro, Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
          Watching: Luck & Logic, Soul Link, Happiness, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FGO, MHA, MJN, CHF, HIQ, TOA-R, ISQ, YUC, YKN, IIV, EIZ, SET, IBG, SML, OBD, JSH, RKO, SRW, PMM, INS
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by ComSR View Post
            'd actually start with the movies first, otherwise you'd be pretty lost at the beginning of this one. It's a suedo follow up to the original TV series, so it doesn't quite fit in iwth the movie canon of the other two films.
            I thought that's what the original 2 movies did.

Comment

Originally posted by Njr Resurrection View Post
              I thought that's what the original 2 movies did.
              First movie does retell the TV series; the second movie is a sequel.
              My animé & figure collections
              Hummingbird
              || Tweeterings
              XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

The Viz manga and the Eternal Fantasy movie begins with Tetsuro in shackles and he has hair long enough to cover the floor.
                Time never betrays dreams. But on the flip side, dreams must not betray time.

Comment

Originally posted by ComSR View Post
                  But the story in the manga is a follow up to the original Galaxy Express. Not that Matsumoto canon ever truly follows anything, but the closest thing Eternal Fatnasy comes to following is the end of the TV series/manga, as opposed to the end of Adeiu which tightly wraps everything up for that particular version of the canon.
                  -Keith

Comment

While I understand the rationale behind using "Galaxy Express" twice on the cover, I do wish the artwork wasn't so dark. It's lovely, but it's dark.

Comment

What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/st...89846993387521

Galaxy Express 999: Eternal Fantasy is coming to Blu-ray with an all-new dub
                        - The touching flourish to the Galaxy Express 999 saga comes to Blu-ray, in English
                        - 1080p high definition
                        - Recorded with dedication at Sound Cadence Studios
                        - Other extras and release date TBD
                        Last edited by WTK; 07-28-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/Discotekmed...06087032753704
                          Coming January 28th 2020! Galaxy Express 999: Eternal Fantasy on Blu Ray!

Rightstuf pre-order link: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Galax...antasy-Blu-ray

Featuring a brand new English language dub by Sound Cadence Studios, Japanese with English subtitles, high definition, Region A disc.

This movie bridges the gap between Adieu Galaxy Express 999 and The Galaxy Railways, so be sure not to miss it!
                          Last edited by WTK; 11-12-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ashuraou/status/1217564752085422083
                            Hey guess what comes out in a few weeks? The third Galaxy Express 999 Movie: Eternal Fantasy. All-new Blu-ray with improved subtitles, an brand new dub, and this fancy packaging! Has a new cover, reverse cover w/ the old DVD art, plus it comes with Tetsuro's boarding pass, too!

Comment

OOH! NICE cover! I love it!!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X