X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] ThunderCats (2011): Season 1, Book 3

Widgets Magazine
    via TVShowOnDVD.com

ThunderCats (2011): Season 1, Book 3 due out on 10/2/12.
    Last edited by WTK; 02-10-2013, 04:45 PM.

Re: ThunderCats (2011): Season 1, Book 3

The cover looks okay nothing special.

Comment

Still waiting for a bluray set.
      -Keith

Comment

The cover is ok for the release.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          From what I have seemed to notice, it doesn't appear that they put cartoons on bluray.
          My DVD List: DVDAficianado / DVDProfiler - My Manga: ANN Manga - Visible collection (includes non-anime - current as of Sept 27th)

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi-sama View Post
            From what I have seemed to notice, it doesn't appear that they put cartoons on bluray.
            Happens from time to time. All of the DC movie releases have hit bluray, most of the marvel movie releases are on bluray, Looney Tunes is starting to be releases on bluray, and out of the CN roster specifically, Clone Wars, Venture Bros & Justice League (first series, not unlimited) are on bluray.
            -Keith

Comment

The cover looks pretty good considering what this show is.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Echidna, Re:Zero
              Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Happens from time to time. All of the DC movie releases have hit bluray, most of the marvel movie releases are on bluray, Looney Tunes is starting to be releases on bluray, and out of the CN roster specifically, Clone Wars, Venture Bros & Justice League (first series, not unlimited) are on bluray.
                New DTV movies (DC, Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry) get regular Blu-Ray releases, but not their cartoon series. Justice League (Season 1 and 2) is the only cartoon series released on Blu-Ray so far, even though cartoon series from Warner Brothers have been produced for widescreen (and HD) since around 2001.

The Cartoon Network label isn't much better, Star Wars: The Clone Wars is the only cartoon series released on Blu-Ray. Even a popular series like Ben 10: Ultimate Alien failed to get a Blu-Ray release.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirben View Post
                  New DTV movies (DC, Scooby Doo, Tom & Jerry) get regular Blu-Ray releases, but not their cartoon series. Justice League (Season 1 and 2) is the only cartoon series released on Blu-Ray so far, even though cartoon series from Warner Brothers have been produced for widescreen (and HD) since around 2001.

The Cartoon Network label isn't much better, Star Wars: The Clone Wars is the only cartoon series released on Blu-Ray. Even a popular series like Ben 10: Ultimate Alien failed to get a Blu-Ray release.
                  And as I mentioned The Venture Bros.
                  -Keith

Comment

I have seen that Clone Wars is on BluRay when looking on Amazon.com. Is it the new Loony Toons that's on bluray?
                    My DVD List: DVDAficianado / DVDProfiler - My Manga: ANN Manga - Visible collection (includes non-anime - current as of Sept 27th)

Comment

I have seen that Clone Wars is on BluRay when looking on Amazon.com. Is it the new Loony Toons that's on bluray?
                      Nope, the original:

http://www.amazon.com/Looney-Tunes-P...+tunes+blu+ray

http://www.amazon.com/Looney-Tunes-P...+tunes+blu+ray

http://www.amazon.com/Looney-Tunes-C...+tunes+blu+ray

A bit of searching around amazon also shows that recent seasons of Metalocolypse & Robot Chicken (in addition to the 3rd SW special) are also on bluray. That combined with Justice League & Venture Bros definately set's big enough precedent for there to be a Thundercats bluray set.
                      -Keith

Comment

A bit of searching around amazon also shows that recent seasons of Metalocolypse & Robot Chicken (in addition to the 3rd SW special) are also on bluray. That combined with Justice League & Venture Bros definately set's big enough precedent for there to be a Thundercats bluray set.
                        Metalocolypse, Robot Chicken and The Venture Bros are all adult swim series, which are aimed at much older age group.

There is very little chance of Warner Brothers releasing any cartoon series for children on Blu-Ray, as I clearly explained before.

Comment

Metalocolypse, Robot Chicken and The Venture Bros are all adult swim series, which are aimed at much older age group.

There is very little chance of Warner Brothers releasing any cartoon series for children on Blu-Ray, as I clearly explained before.
                          The explanation is that its too expensive and little kids wouldn't know the difference?

Comment

The explanation is that its too expensive and little kids wouldn't know the difference?
                            Yes, unfortunately Warner Bros. seems to think that way, especially that last part. Warner Bros released several cartoon series cropped to full screen on DVD (rather than in widescreen) in the past too, thinking kids wouldn't care either.

Comment

BD or no buy for me.
                              Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...