Widgets Magazine

Oreimo: Complete Collection (Re-release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Oreimo: Complete Collection (Re-release)

Widgets Magazine
    LINK

Oreimo: Complete Collection (Re-release) due out on 7/10/12. | TRSI listing
    Contains episodes 1-12 and OVA episodes 1-4.

Special Features: Textless Opening and Ending.
    via ANN
    Aniplex USA's Re-release of Oreimo Detailed
    posted on 2012-06-02 22:57 EDT

Aniplex of America revealed the details for its upcoming re-release of the Oreimo television anime series at its A-Kon panel on Friday.

The re-release of the series on regular-edition DVD will include all 12 episodes in the series plus four video episodes. It will also include a double-sided DVD wrap, an O-sleeve case, an original two-sided poster, and the textless opening and ending sequences. The company will release the DVD set on July 10. Pre-orders for the series will begin on June 4 exclusively through Right Stuf.
    Last edited by WTK; 06-04-2012, 12:20 PM.

Re: Oreimo: Complete Collection (Re-release)

It's a nice cover, would have been better if it was not a white background... And how I miss the Blu-ray logo on that box....

Comment

Umm...I think I like this artwork a bit more than the LE version (of which I own). I'm curious how this will be priced. I guess we will know sometime on Monday.

Comment

Great choice for artwork there. Looks pretty good and would look even better if it did not use a white background.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Caster Artoria, a.k.a. Castoria, Fate/Grand Order
        Watching: FMA Brotherhood, Marmalade Boy, Fire Force, Dr. Stone 2
        Simulcasts: AAS, CCK, CFV, YJS, HMS, JCD, DUN, MIA, OVL, KNO, SWH, UWM, CLN, STW, LYR, MTK, UAW, KMU, FUT, ISY, BCG, TEP, SAY
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
          Umm...I think I like this artwork a bit more than the LE version (of which I own). I'm curious how this will be priced. I guess we will know sometime on Monday.
          Indeed, had I known this would have been coming eventually, I don't think I would have gotten the LE (since I don't really care about the pack-in extras).
          Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
          Scratchy for Tama is angry.
          I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
          Casual

Comment

I also think this cover looks better than the LE version, but (since I already have the LE) there's no other reason to double-dip if its not a Blu-ray release.

Comment

If it ends up not being a low-res image with visible pixellation and blocky artifacts like the cover of the LE is, it's automatically a better cover, regardless of artwork choice.

*sigh*

Well, at any rate, I'll be ordering a copy anyway despite already owning the LE, just because I can.
              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I'm going to go against the grain grain here, but I actually prefer the artwork used originally. Not that it matters one way or the other, since I got the original release and won't be re-buying it.

Comment

I like this better than the LE, too, but I don't really care that much and am glad I bought the LE.

Comment

Ahh, I suppose I can go ahead and post this now. (Friend forwarded it to me last week, but since we didn't have a release date yet...)
                    Attached Files
                    Moderator: General Anime, Off-Topic & Cover Art

Comment

The disc art choice looked interesting. I wasn't expecting that particular style.

Comment

Like it more than the LE's art and style. Depending on price, I may be open to this.
                        Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

For a regular edition release, it's not bad. Aniplex USA sure loves their poster pack-ins, though. At first, the artwork used on the sleeve cover was unknown to me, but it turns out it's from a magazine (Lis Ani). Even though I own the JP BDs, TW DVDs and the US LE DVD set, I see myself picking this one up too since I really love the series. This is the only show I've more than double-dipped besides Shana Season 1.

For anyone interested, just going by the picture shown, here are the differences in artwork used between the original limited edition and regular edition:

Cover: LE used artwork from vol. 1 of JP release. RE is using artwork from a Lis Ani magazine
                          DVD Cover: LE used artwork from vol. 2 (backside used vol. 5). RE is using artwork from vol. 8 (backside is currently unknown)
                          Disc artwork: LE used vol. 1, 4, and 8. RE is using vol. 2, parts of vol. 5 and vol. 8

So, in terms of art used somewhere in the packaging, both US releases currently do not feature cover art from vol. 3, 6 and 7 from the JP release.

Comment

I'm fine with the LE for now, though I'd definately jump at a BD release, and can't wait for the second season to be produced.
                            -Keith

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                              Definitely less than the LE as IIRC, they stated it would be cheaper. My guess is $50-$60 MSRP. Rightstuf I can't guess, but around $35-$45?

Anyway, this looks almost as good, if not better than the LE. They're even giving us a poster.
                              Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MyAnimeList | Anime-Planet | Anime Blu-rays | Anime DVDs | Manga | MyFigureCollection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X