Widgets Magazine

Ah! My Buddha: Nirvana Collection (AnimeWorks Classics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Ah! My Buddha: Nirvana Collection (AnimeWorks Classics)

Widgets Magazine

Ah! My Buddha: Nirvana Collection (AnimeWorks Classics) due out on 11/6/12 [12/4/12 listed by multiple retailers] (Was 10/23/12 and 8/14/12).
    Contains episodes 1-26.

Special Features: Bonus OVA Episode, Textless Opening and Closing.
    Last edited by WTK; 10-27-2012, 10:39 AM.

Re: Ah! My Buddha: Nirvana Collection (AnimeWorks Classics)

Same artwork as the previous collection gets used again. It's a decent group cover. The re-release is offered at a really cheap MSRP of $19.99.

Comment

No real surprise here... but I will never like that AnimeWorks Classic banner...

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
        No real surprise here... but I will never like that AnimeWorks Classic banner...
        It does look drab, doesn't it? Almost makes you long for the cheery green of the SAVE banner.

Comment

Hmm.. not opposed to T&A so I may pick it up at some point due to the low price point.

Comment

Decent group shot here. It works, but then again it's nothing too special.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files
            Watching: Tensura, Bofuri, Cardfight Vanguard, Zoids Wild
            Simulcasts: MTP, SSW, FRB, HND, JOE, MHA, ZLS, HET, 86E, SWH, TSL, S4D, TYE, TRN, VIV, FRR, 300, JOR, BTT, CUB, MSO
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The group shots ok but the Animeworks Classics banner ... is just bad ...

I have the singles so will not be getting this.
              Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
              Currently Watching: UN-GO
              [Collection March '12]

Comment

Oh, that AnimeWorks Classics banner isn't all that bad
                My DVD List: DVDAficianado / DVDProfiler - My Manga: ANN Manga - Visible collection (includes non-anime - current as of Sept 27th)

Comment

The cover is ok...
                  At 20 smackers...
                  I'm so tempted to pick this up now...
                  Rotten, rotten, rotten...
                  Anyway you look at it...
                  I am a rotten girl...

Comment

Nothing better up their sleeve than this banner? Were they trying to pull off the old AL Sets of Bandai, or trying to beat out Funi for ugliest re-release banners? Price is good, but I'll see if I can't pick up the original releases first.

Comment

Originally posted by J.E.S. View Post
                      The cover is ok...
                      At 20 smackers...
                      Resist. Even 58¢ per episode (I figured in the standard 25-percent discount so you don't have to) is super-pricy for this … I'm trying not to use the word "dreck" because there are a few bits of the show that are all right, but no other word fits as well.
                      I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
                      Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by adc View Post
                        Originally posted by J.E.S. View Post
                        The cover is ok...
                        At 20 smackers...
                        Resist. Even 58¢ per episode (I figured in the standard 25-percent discount so you don't have to) is super-pricy for this … I'm trying not to use the word "dreck" because there are a few bits of the show that are all right, but no other word fits as well.
                        I just finished it off a couple of months ago. Yep, it's the same cover art as my collection. I wouldn't go so far as to call it dreck, it does have it's moments, but I've gotta admit it isn't going to be one of my favourites either.

I'd call it about the same quality as "Green, Green" or Sentai's "He is my Master" that I'm currently watching. Series that could have been better but never quite lived up their potentials. Series that you can't say you wasted your money on, yet...., at the same time you realize you could have spent the same amount of money on something better.

J. A.
                        Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                        Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                        Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                        Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X