Widgets Magazine

Strawberry Panic: Complete Collection (AnimeWorks Classics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Strawberry Panic: Complete Collection (AnimeWorks Classics)

Widgets Magazine
    Updated cover art

Preliminary cover art

Strawberry Panic: Complete Collection (AnimeWorks Classics) due out on 6/26/12. | MSRP: $19.99
    Contains episodes 1-26.

Special Features: Textless Opening, Textless Closing.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-06-2012, 07:32 AM.

Re: Strawberry Panic: Complete Collection (AnimeWorks Classic)

Fairly solid artwork from the previous release. The Classic text and border...not so much.

Comment

The image does look nice!

Comment

The reused image works, the border is 50/50 for me. Will think about getting this since I didnt get the singles.
        Takachsh Top-Ten Anime: [1] Fate/Zero, [2] Gantz, [3] Gundam SEED, [4] Get Backers, [5] xxxHolic, [6] Kaleido Star, [7] Hell Girl, [8] Death Note, [9] Mai-HiME, [10] FMA: Brotherhood
        My Weakness - The words "Limited Edition"

Comment

I like the artwork and "the complete series" fits in well. The border is all right, but the text for Animeworks Classic could probably be better. I think it might be intentionally plain just so that it will fit easily onto every cover using the same format. The only thing I can suggest for it would be using the AnimeWorks logo and placing the word classic around it in some fashion. I think that might be a little easier to look at.
          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
            The only thing I can suggest for it would be using the AnimeWorks logo and placing the word classic around it in some fashion. I think that might be a little easier to look at.
            Nothing makes a DVD cover look classier than a cartoony clip-art graphic with some block text. I'm not exactly a fan of bars and overlays and banners and what have you on DVD packaging, but this at least isn't offensive and doesn't overwhelm the package (S.A.V.E.).
            I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
            Stephen King

Comment

Aw, come on. You know you love it.

I totally outdid myself with this one. AnimeWorksClassic.GIF No need to hire me MB, for graphic design. You're free to use it as you please.

Sorry guys, I'm pretty bored.
              Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
              Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

This series always kind of mildly interested me... for that price, what the hell, why not get it?
                Online profiles: ANN DVDAf eBay

Comment

Originally posted by DiRF View Post
                  This series always kind of mildly interested me... for that price, what the hell, why not get it?
                  My thoughts exactly. Will check it out for that price.
                  Formerly Randall Flagg at AoD.
                  Touch is still the greatest show ever.
                  Avatar: Miyako and Yuno of Hidamari Sketch wish you a Merry Christmas.

Comment

Decent cover. Only difference from the orginal cover is the the addition of the border and added AnimeWorks Classic.
                    Avatar: Haruka from Sakura Trick

Comment

I'm not that keen on the cover, but I wasn't that keen on the covers on the singles either. I do already own the singles though anyway so I'll be passing on this.
                      Avatar: Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) by Fudce
                      Currently Watching: UN-GO
                      [Collection March '12]

Comment

It looks fine enough, but I'm passing on it. No need to panic and drop your strawberry, I have the singles.

Comment

Fairly good image used for this re-release. Can't say anything bad about it.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files
                          Watching: Tensura, Bofuri, Cardfight Vanguard, Zoids Wild
                          Simulcasts: MTP, SSW, FRB, HND, JOE, MHA, ZLS, HET, 86E, SWH, TSL, S4D, TYE, TRN, VIV, FRR, 300, JOR, BTT, CUB, MSO
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Strawberry Panic: Complete Collection (AnimeWorks Classics)

I saw this at my local Best Buy store and as expected it's "AnimeWorks Classic" is a typo. It's "Classics" instead. The color background is a bit different as well.

Comment

Re: Strawberry Panic: Complete Collection (AnimeWorks Classics)

The back looks really bland if you asked me. Just text, some screenshots, and a whole lot of black and white on it.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files
                              Watching: Tensura, Bofuri, Cardfight Vanguard, Zoids Wild
                              Simulcasts: MTP, SSW, FRB, HND, JOE, MHA, ZLS, HET, 86E, SWH, TSL, S4D, TYE, TRN, VIV, FRR, 300, JOR, BTT, CUB, MSO
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X