Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garo: Vanishing Line - Sell Me or Scare Me

Widgets Magazine
    How is Garo - Vanishing Line? I caught the trailer the other day, and it looks promising. Any thoughts?
    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

It is very good. Or to be more precise the first half is excellent and the second half is OK so adding it up you get very good. If you were a fan of the original live action Garo or the Garo the animation anime then this is just great stuff. An interesting take on the Garo lore.
    Last edited by lesterf1020; 05-14-2021, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lesterf1020 View Post
      It is very good. Or to be more precise the first half is excellent and the second half is OK so adding it up you get very good. If you were a fan of the original live action Garo or the Garo the animation anime then this is just great stuff. An interesting take on the Garo lore.
      Its a remake? I've never heard of the property before.
      "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Garo is a tokusatsu series similar to Kamen Rider and the anime versions are based off that.

The live action version has a bunch of seasons, specials & films but only the first two seasons, two specials & one movie were licensed here by Kraken Releasing (Maiden Japan) before they dropped it.

The anime version has three seasons & two films and everything except the second film were licensed by FUNimation.

The live-action side has sequels, side-stories with some key characters and separate seasons set in the future with new characters while each of the anime version are alternate universes with different characters in each so you don't need to watch each one to understand them except for the mentioned movies which are sequels to Garo The Animation & Garo: Crimson Moon (which was the weakest of the three so it's no surprise that FUNi has yet to get that film).

Since you're asking about Vanishing Line, I haven't bought it myself yet but AFAIK, there should be nothing to worry about with connections with the previous material so you can watch blind.
        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X