Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recs for Magi?

Widgets Magazine
    How is Magi? Any particular strengths/weaknesses/etc?
    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

I quite like it. It's a high quality shonen show, better than something like Naruto of Fairy Tail in that it avoids filler, but it's still a little generic, no FMA or Attack on Titan. An Arabian Nights inspired adventure story, its biggest issue is one of inconsistency, and some story elements remain infuriatingly undeveloped. Also one of the main characters just vanishes at one point for several episodes. And it's inconclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Passing Through View Post
      I quite like it. It's a high quality shonen show, better than something like Naruto of Fairy Tail in that it avoids filler, but it's still a little generic, no FMA or Attack on Titan. An Arabian Nights inspired adventure story, its biggest issue is one of inconsistency, and some story elements remain infuriatingly undeveloped. Also one of the main characters just vanishes at one point for several episodes. And it's inconclusive.
      Arabian Nights? Any particular stories? Or is it just a mishmash of characters and setting elements?
      "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

It is very much a character and setting mishmash. You certainly get the right feel, with the locations and the artwork, and with characters like Aladdin, Alibaba and Sinbad all prominent and with plenty of genies and labyrinths to expore, but the stories are unique to the show. It's r eally just going for, and hitting the right tone.

It's notable in my mind for where a girl kicks her way barefoot through a giant monkey. You don't see that in every anime.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X