Widgets Magazine

Looking for a Quarantine Marathon Series - Sell Me on Your Favorite 50+ Episode Series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Quarantine Marathon Series - Sell Me on Your Favorite 50+ Episode Series!

Widgets Magazine
    Hello Fandom Posters!

Like many of you, I am quarantined for the foreseeable future. As such, I feel like now is as good a time as any to take up one of the many long-running anime series that I've avoided due to the sheer time commitment... but now that all we have is time: what are some of your favorite 50+ episode anime series. Sell other FP-ers on the show to enjoy during quarantine. Thanks!!

Not sure what you have and haven't seen, so I'll start by linking my Top Anime list. Three of my top four are over 50 episodes:

01. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (64 episodes) I wrote a Ten Years Later article on it last year, so I'll link that here. You can find it on Blu-ray, Crunchyroll, VRV, Funimation, Hulu, and Netflix. I've been doing a weekly anniversary re-watch by re-watching each episode exactly ten years after it originally aired, so I have just over a cour left of that, and I've gotten at least one person to join me in that so far.
    03. Hunter x Hunter (2011) (148 episodes) Won't be time to write a Ten Years Later article on this one until next year, but I did just discuss it on the Fandom Post Radio episode on our top anime of the 2010s. You can also find that episode anywhere you get podcasts. You can find the series on Blu-ray (final volume was just released last month), Crunchyroll, VRV, Vudu, YouTube TV, and some episodes on Tubi, Hulu, and Netflix.
    04. Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (110 episodes) I wrote a Thirty Years Later on this one the year before last. You can find it on Blu-ray if you're willing to drop $800 like me, or on HIDIVE and VRV.

I don't want to spend too much time on each one right now since I don't know what people have and haven't seen, but I'd be happy to talk about anything on my full Top Anime list. Nothing more satisfying than recommending my favorites to people.
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Thanks so much for the recommendations. I’ve seen the first two but never watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I’ve never watched Gintama either despite owning the first four DVD sets from Sentai... will start LotGH!

Comment

Gintama is a lot of fun. It takes a little while to hit its groove, but once it does, it really takes off. One of the few shows that can pull off drama AND comedy really well. If you get the chance, give Gintama a try too.

Comment

Absolutely. It's by far the most hilarious anime ever, but later on, it pulls off dramatic arcs more deftly than its shounen contemporaries that specialize in that tone. The way it can balance the two seems paradoxical but is always masterfully executed. It may not seem like a masterpiece at first, but by the 50-episode mark, you'll definitely see how special it is, and it just takes off from there.
          My Top Anime | Manga
          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
          My FP Reviews | Twitter
          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I would recommend Blood+ and Monster, but, as far as I know, there are no legal ways to stream them.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X