Widgets Magazine

Dog & Scissors or Leviathan the last Defense?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog & Scissors or Leviathan the last Defense?

Widgets Magazine
    I'm planning on placing an order via the Rightstuf here in a few days but in order to get over the $50 threshold for free shipping I need to pad the order a little bit. Both of these shows are priced at $7.99 and haven't exactly received the highest of praises. I'm def buying one or the other and was leaning more towards Leviathan because of the fantasy setting. What makes one better than the other? Thoughts and opinions welcomed. Thank you to all in advance.
    Anime Stats
    DVD Collection
    Anime Blog

They are about the same. It really depends on which poison you prefer. Do you want crazy antics and BDSM with implied bestiality and you think that the concept is funny enough that you don't need the show to actually try to sell you on the idea? Then Dog & Scissors is your choice. Do you want a dreadfully dull and boring show where very little happens but it is set in a beautiful fantasy setting with cute girls doing cute things? Then go for Leviathan.

Comment

I can't speak to Leviathan, but I regret paying half what you expect to pay for Dog & Scissors. It's a totally inept show.

Comment

My experiences with these shows:

Dog & Scissors: I watched a couple episodes when it first streamed and dropped it as it looked like a waste of time. Then during a Sentai sale, I picked up the dubbed version for the hell of it and I found myself actually liking it - don't know if it was the addition of the dub or just the total silliness of the show that appealed to me the on second try, but I'd give it a mild recommendation (just as long as you're not obsessed with trying to find the point of its existence.)

Leviathan the last Defense: Nice animation and cute characters but very little in the way of a plot. I think its based on a game which I'm assuming the anime was made to promote. I've seen shows duller than this but it was still a chore to finish. I'd pass on this one.

Avatar: The adorable Rin Shima from Laid Back Camp

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X