• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IamBoogiepop
    started a topic Pandora Hearts

Pandora Hearts

Hello!

With NISA's online sale, Pandora Hearts' two volumes are only $17.99 each. While that is a steal, I wanted to get some opinions on the series before picking it. I know it is based on a 24 volume manga series, so I wanted to see if the anime tells the full story or just up to a certain point when it deviates or abruptly ends. Did you enjoy the series? Any rewatchability? I appreciate any feedback!

• Levon
    replied
    Originally posted by WTK View Post
    One last thing to mention about the DVDs is the film grain effect on the episodes. I remember some people can't stand it, so YMMV.
    I remember that, many who watched the blurry fansubs were making a huge deal out of it saying the DVD's were flawed. When in fact that wasn't true and the company had to make an announcement about the grain.

Personally I thought the animation was just lovely. At a time when digital anime looked so artificial & static most of the time it was great to see something well animated & detailed that felt like traditional film animation.
    Last edited by Levon; 01-29-2019, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
    If I remember correctly, the Anime is also technically out of print and I think the chances are probably low of it being rescued. I think it's rewatchable and would definitely recommend it--I just with it had SOME sort of ending.
    It's still in-print. However I consider all NISA anime titles while supplies last since we don't know for sure when they will go OOP.

If/when the license expire, I think it eventually could be license rescued. Publisher is Fuji Creative Corp, so a good candidate would be Discotek Media (maybe on SD BD).

One last thing to mention about the DVDs is the film grain effect on the episodes. I remember some people can't stand it, so YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• Art-chan
    replied
    Originally posted by IamBoogiepop View Post
    Hello!

With NISA's online sale, Pandora Hearts' two volumes are only $17.99 each. While that is a steal, I wanted to get some opinions on the series before picking it. I know it is based on a 24 volume manga series, so I wanted to see if the anime tells the full story or just up to a certain point when it deviates or abruptly ends. Did you enjoy the series? Any rewatchability? I appreciate any feedback!
    It abruptly ends. I thought it was worth the ride, but it just STOPS which is frustrating. If I remember correctly, the Anime is also technically out of print and I think the chances are probably low of it being rescued. I think it's rewatchable and would definitely recommend it--I just with it had SOME sort of ending.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X