Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chihayafuru Any good?

Widgets Magazine
    I saw the blu ray announced for this and started to look into this show.
    Saw the first episode and it looked good
    is it worth looking further?

i like sports anime , slice of life, romance. I like a good story and character development
    i loved hikaru no go and fighting spirit.

Thanks for more info.

Bettina

Originally posted by momiji View Post

i like sports anime , slice of life, romance. I like a good story and character development

Bettina
    You are going to adore Chihayafuru.

I heard good things about it, watched the first episode on Crunchyroll, fell in love with it, deleted it from my queue, and placed an order for the Australian DVDs from Siren. Then I watched it twice in a row. It exceed my expectations. I only wish that Sentai's Blu-rays were Region B compatible.

Comment

It's a great show. This plays out much like a sports anime, so if you are into this kind of stuff, then you'll be right at home with this show as it does everything right. The pacing is just about the only problem this show has as the first season starts off pretty slow before things get going. The second season moves especially slow, but that allows for some great character development to happen as the majority of the episodes happen during two karuta tournaments. So in all, definitely watch it as given your tastes, it's something you'll get hooked on.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
      Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
      Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

In response to your question momiji, I like this series, and the release specs that Sentai is giving this anime tv series is great! But the anime stops after season 2, so it's another manga series that so far, that you have to read the manga to continue the story of the characters, and their development. The character development of the characters in this series is good, and I to like sports anime. The romance in this series is interesting, as I don't know who's going to end up with who, after the 2 seasons of this anime series. There is an OVA that hasn't been licensed by SentaiFilmWorks, of Chihayafuru, but if you look hard enough, you should be able to find it. The slice of life elements of Chihayafuru, is quite good, and the characters in the series, feel real to me IMO. The only thing that is stopping me from spending the money on Chihayafuru, is the incompleteness/cliffhanger ending, when there's possible or not, more material to adapt or not.

Comment

Thanks all!,

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X