Widgets Magazine

Trigun Remix Sets Vs. Trigun 2010 FUNimation Release Vs. Trigun Anime Classic 2013 FUNimation Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigun Remix Sets Vs. Trigun 2010 FUNimation Release Vs. Trigun Anime Classic 2013 FUNimation Release

Widgets Magazine
    Trigun Remix Sets Vs. Trigun 2010 FUNimation Release Vs. Trigun Anime Classic 2013 FUNimation Release. Anyone own these release and what would be the best edition to own. In terms of video quality, audio, and content.

Re: Trigun Remix Sets Vs. Trigun 2010 FUNimation Release Vs. Trigun Anime Classic 2013 FUNimation Release

Depending on your priorities about such things, the Remix release from Pioneer/Geneon is the only proper release of the series to own, since it is the only release of the series Stateside that could be considered complete, due to its inclusion of the full set of unique opening sequences where a cut of animation is changed each time to highlight characters featured in each episode. All other releases from Pioneer/Geneon simply re-use the episode 1 version, as do the FUNimation releases.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Re: Trigun Remix Sets Vs. Trigun 2010 FUNimation Release Vs. Trigun Anime Classic 2013 FUNimation Release

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
      Depending on your priorities about such things, the Remix release from Pioneer/Geneon is the only proper release of the series to own, since it is the only release of the series Stateside that could be considered complete, due to its inclusion of the full set of unique opening sequences where a cut of animation is changed each time to highlight characters featured in each episode. All other releases from Pioneer/Geneon simply re-use the episode 1 version, as do the FUNimation releases.
      Now I don't own the FUNi releases because I was one of those who bought the Remix singles after news of FUNi screwing up with their 2010 set had come out but apparently they sorta fixed this issue for the Anime Classics re-release as mentioned here.
      Last edited by NJ_; 01-01-2017, 06:38 PM.
      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Yeah, I was the one who checked that. FUNi's Anime Classics release is the best release (not taking packaging into account). All of the correct openings are in it, and no hard subtitles on the ending.
        Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Now with video quality, which set is the best to have? I remember reading issues with the FUNimation release.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash1306 View Post
            Now with video quality, which set is the best to have? I remember reading issues with the FUNimation release.
            That I'm not really an expert in. I don't recall any issues with the Funimation version, but someone else might have found something to note that was wrong with it.
            Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

From what I've heard, FUNimation's DVDs look worse than even the Geneon singles from 2000. Some comparisons I've seen in general.
              http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison.php?id=81767
              http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison.php?id=81889

Also, FUNimation's releases have none of the extras that hit the Remix singles and LE tins (same discs as the Remix singles).
              Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Hmm, so I guess we never got a truly ideal release of this iconic series, at least not one with:

Good video quality
                Extras
                Correct Openings
                No hardcoded ED subs

Though the LEs/Remix version that I have is thankfully the "least-flawed" option, as the hardsubbed ED is the only issue they suffer from.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X