Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Blue Questinos and Speculation

Widgets Magazine
    First of all I want to point out that I don't gravitate toward violent stuff, but Perfect Blue is an exception, because it makes an effort to tell an interesting and emotionally impactful cautionary tale. The real reason I love this movie is because of the way it keeps you on the edge of your seat and guessing at the same time without knowing what is happening and what isn't. However, I do have a few things I want to talk about and/or ask regarding this film.

1) First of all, who owns the rights to this film so far? This is one movie that desperately needs to be put on Blu Ray. I know there's a UK BD release, but I'm unsure if I want to delve into purchasing that for the purposes of saving money, and I heard the transfer was kinda iffy. I do hope this gets a BD release here in the states.

The second topic is a spoiler, so I'm leaving it as such.

Spoiler ->2) Some people have speculated that Mima killed Mr. Murano, the photographer. However, this is how I interpreted it: I think what happened was that Mima shot a scene where she committed a murder in the same way that Murano is killed for the show, hence why that episode is shown on the TV during the murder scene. But as for the actual killing, I think she dreamed that she did it (hence the way she looks at her hands after she wakes up), and of her genuine shock and surprise when she finds the murderer's bleeding clothes in her closet the next day. It seems to me that the pizza boy who showed up wasn't Mima at all, but Rumi. Especially since it's revealed later on in the movie that she is the one who is masquerading as Mima's "virtual twin."

Re: Perfect Blue Questinos and Speculation

Whoa... my brain is hurting all over again. That's what makes this such a good movie.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X