Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Rightstuf Sale Recommendations

Widgets Magazine
    I'd like to hear some thoughts and opinions on the following series and which of them are worth a purchase. I'm narrowing down my orders and only have about enough room left for two of these.

The shows in question are;

The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
    Engaged to the Unidentified
    Invaders of the Rokujyoma
    The Devil is a Part-Timer
    Blade Dance of Elementalers
    Busou Shinki

Thank you in advance!!!
    Anime Stats
    DVD Collection
    Anime Blog

Re: Some Rightstuf Sale Recommendations

Devil is a Part Timer had me laughing. It's LOT of fun! The downside is you'll have to read the novels to see what happens afterward, but don't let that stop you--this is one of the best comedies I've seen in a while. (At least you can BUY the novels here! WHOO-HOO!!)

The others are in my backlog, so someone else will have to help you with those.

Comment

The Devil is a Part-Timer is pretty great and hilarious. Plus the dub is one of the standouts from Funimation of that year. Engaged to the Unidentified is also really funny, and I absolutely love the OP and ED. Kawai Complex is decent, but not as good as the previous two titles.
      My Anime List
      Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

What exactly are you looking for in the titles? I guess the easiest recommendation would be The Devil is a Part-Timer since I think it's the one with the broadest appeal and tends to be generally well-liked. Rokujyoma has a great cast of characters. It's one of the better harem-themed anime. Kawai Complex, like Love Lab from the same author, has a fun and interesting cast of characters that are good for both comedy and drama.

Busou Shinki was kind of dull to me and I dropped it several episodes in. I don't think Blade Dance of Elementalers was bad, but it's a pretty generic light novel fantasy type thing and ultimately pretty forgettable (I'd try and stream before buying). Engaged to the Unidentified is a cute romantic comedy from Doga Kobo, but was hit or miss for me compared to their other works (so may be another YMMV title).
        Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 12-12-2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

If I had to recommend two or three from the list these are the ones I would choose

I found each enjoyable and well worth a re-watch in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. Doc View Post
            If I had to recommend two or three from the list these are the ones I would choose

I found each enjoyable and well worth a re-watch in the future.
            These are the three that I was actually leaning more towards purchasing.

Can anyone comment/give some opinions on Gugure! Kokkuri-san?
            Anime Stats
            DVD Collection
            Anime Blog

Comment

I'd go with these in order of enjoyment:

1. The Devil is a Part-Timer - great comedy and a good story to go with it, but it is not finished in the anime thus far. The LN is ongoing. Safest buy in the bunch IMHO.
              2. Engaged to the Unidentified - great comedy, heartwarming characters, and fun SoL high jinks. If you are not a SoL fan, you may want to look elsewhere since it has a very simple and linear story.
              3. The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior - some interesting characters and a nice cast. The cast's interplay with each other, all living together in the same residence, is what drives the action. This is another one left with no anime ending. The manga is ongoing.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san is funny, if a bit repetitive. The same jokes get recycled through most of the show and not much really happens outside of comedy high jinks. You may want to sample some of it on CR before buying to see if the humor and characters work for you.
              My Anime List - My Collection
              Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
              Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
              Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

Originally posted by sonic View Post
                Gugure! Kokkuri-san is funny, if a bit repetitive. The same jokes get recycled through most of the show and not much really happens outside of comedy high jinks. You may want to sample some of it on CR before buying to see if the humor and characters work for you.
                Yeah, that's what I would say about it too. I thought it was hilarious with the first episode, but my enthusiasm kind of waned later with some of the repeated jokes.

Comment

Busou Shinki is a cute little robotic dolly show but it won't compete with the likes of Maharomatic or Chobits.

A much better bargain at virtually the same price is Angelic Layer which I feel is one of the most under rated shows out there. It also is twice the length and has a dub as well. Ironically I've got the only reviews on Amazon Canada of both of these shows. I gave three stars to Busou Shinki and five stars to Angelic Layer. Check out Amazon.ca for my complete reviews on both series!

https://www.amazon.ca/Busou-Shinki-A...s=busou+shinki

https://www.amazon.ca/Angelic-Layer-...=angelic+layer

J. A.
                  Currently Watching: Fairy Tail Coll. 4, Freezing, Digimon Frontier, Black Lagoon
                  Just Finished: Battle Girls, Sailor Moon R-2, Sabagebu, Infinite Stratos 2
                  Current Backlog: 38 Series: 22 Bricks/Lite boxes, 16 BD's/Combos
                  Current Collection: 362 Series, plus: 70+ movies, 110+ OVA's, 30+ Singles

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X