Widgets Magazine

Classic anime available on streaming I have missed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic anime available on streaming I have missed?

Widgets Magazine
    So I have been into anime since the 90's. I thought I had seen most of the classic stuff I am familiar with Dragon Ball, Astro Boy, Speed Racer, and Gundum I've seen Ghost in the Shell, Eva, Hainabie Renmei, ROD, Lain, Gonketsu, so I thought I had kept up with most of the classics. Recently I became familiar with Fate/Stay night. Quite obviously I was wrong as holy heck is this a classic that why have I not heard of this before? From Zero to all the way through these are incredible, and even the badly fan translated version of the game I am playing currently (that unfortunately spreads routes out into three separate files so choices seem meaningless though wow do there seem to be a lot of potential endings) is incredible art and story wise. I can see now why the opening fight in all of the forms of fate/stay night was so amazing - it was amazing in the visual novel. What they did with the little bit of animation they can do - I usually care a whole lot more about story than art but yeah. Just like in Zero the art here was incredible.

What else have I missed that is older and classic like this? I hate missing incredible classic stuff!
    There is no coincidence only inevitability

Re: Classic anime available on streaming I have missed?

I mean we could give you a list of great stuff from the 90's and the 00's but I'd say the quickest way to look stuff like this up is probably by doing advanced searches on a site like Anime Planet or My Anime List. The community ratings can help in sourcing out the good from the bad and is great for discovering classics.

I find while AP is less popular its advanced search is leagues better than what you can do with MAL and the userbase more than big enough to give accurate ratings. Obviously each to their own but it's a good way to source general populus opinion on shows.

This search is sorted by highest rated for all shows and movies between 1990 and 2006. I chose 2006 as the cut off as 2007 was imo the true start of the HD era.

It must be noted by anyone reading this comment that the Anime Planet search engine is a beautiful thing. I've been a member of the site for along time and prefer it to MAL but even if you're not a member I highly recommend using the superb search engine as a way to discover new shows etc.
    Last edited by BlaizeV; 09-28-2016, 03:52 AM.
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X