Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Punch Man?

Widgets Magazine
    What is One Punch Man? And why has it been all over my Facebook feeds for weeks? I've never seen any other title get that kind of coverage before.
    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Re: One Punch Man?

One Punch Man is a superhero parody action comedy. It started as a webcomic and then became a manga, however, I suspect that the internet explosion you have noticed is a result of the recent fall 2015 anime adaptation. The anime was very well animated and managed to convey the action, humor and satire of the story perfectly. As a result it spawned a series of internet memes. It is also very accessible because it is about superheroes and is filled with lots of testosterone, action, crude humor and random male nudity. Something every culture understands... well maybe not the random male nudity.

Comment

Re: One Punch Man?

Everyone seems to love this show, but in my opinion it isn't particularly funny (or interesting). I'm mostly watching it because I'm a sucker for Shonen Jump action shows (DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Bleach), the plot moves at a fast pace, and it has the same incredible animation staff that was behind Space Dandy. I'd say if you like Shonen Jump shows check it out, if you liked the animation in Space Dandy check it out, if you like American super hero comics check it out. Just don't expect it to be the "greatest thing ever" that everyone makes it out to be. I think it's severely over-hyped.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X