Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your lie in april sell or scare me.

Widgets Magazine
    So in a couple places I reasonably trust your lie in april was the best anime of last season. Surprised me as I have never heard of it before and though I can be out of the loop I am not usually out of the loop THAT much. Is this as good as made out to be...without spoiling what is this about??
    There is no coincidence only inevitability

Re: your lie in april sell or scare me.

It's actually not from last season (maybe they meant last year?). It started in fall of 2014 and ended in winter of 2015. People's opinions on it tend to vary, but is generally thought of pretty highly, I think. As far as my opinion goes... it had its ups and down, but ultimately ended on a powerful note. I'm not sure if I can say much specifically on its appeal without spoiling one thing or the other so you might just want to dive into it on Crunchyroll if you're interested.
    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 02-13-2016, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Ok will check it out - is is basically a romance anime?

Comment

Originally posted by zaldar View Post
        Ok will check it out - is is basically a romance anime?
        Yeah, though music is a central theme to the series, and the two leads have some serious issues unrelated to romance to deal with as well.

Comment

It's definitely one of the greatest shows out there as everything clicks on all cylinders here. This show is pretty emotional, and the MC is well-developed. But the show really hits its stride in the second half when things get really emotional. The final episode is especially powerful. In any case, it's a show you should definitely check out.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
          Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Ok will check it out then. Romance type anime can be either hit or miss for me. Ai Yori Oshi was incredibly moving toward the beginning when it looked like it would be a great exploration of the tensions inherent in modernizing Japanese society but it got really silly really fast and my interest fell off so much that I never finished it though I own it. Golden time however was wonderful though it was likely helped that I went in having heard nothing about it and so had incredibly low expectations. Music anime has also not really grabbed me before - beck or the various high school band shows with dances that everyone seems to like meh. I do need to expand past the crazy philosophical stuff though I suppose and I do like character development. I mean that is one of my favorite parts of hanabi renmei. Will check it out and let you know what I think.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X