Widgets Magazine

Michiko & Hatchin - Worth a Second Look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTSBPhoenix
    replied
    Re: Michiko & Hatchin - Worth a Second Look?

I'd have to say no. To me at first it was Cowboy Bebop done differently and in a way that i actually liked (where I didn't really give a damn about Bebop at all and dropped it). Michiko and Hatchin, honestly I thought the first half was pretty decent with a solid starting episode on the second half, but after that it all falls apart. I'd say it's not really worth a second look as the story and side stories get worse and really lead to an unsatisfying end, especially since now that you really have no interest in it really.

Leave a comment:

• bctaris
    replied

Originally posted by llj View Post
    I love movies like Paris, Texas and Thelma and Louise
    That's an incongruous combination, for road movies, yet I think you may have struck on a recipe that explains M&H pretty well; throw in True Romance for the crime/police drama angle, and I think you got it.

Leave a comment:

• llj
    replied

If the initial hook isn't enough for you, then it isn't for you. You have to like these kind of road stories to dig Michiko and Hatchin. I love movies like Paris, Texas and Thelma and Louise so I was predisposed to like this.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis_Mullin
    replied

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
    Back when it debuted, I started watching Michiko & Hatchin on Adult Swim/Toonami. But somewhere, after the first three or four episodes, I just lost interest. Now that they're having a marathon, is it worth a second look? And does it ever become more than just a woman and a little girl looking for their ex-boyfriend/father in a vaguely Latin American setting?
    Part of it is that, plus them being pursued by folk with various levels of ill-intent (from toss-back-in-prison to die painfully). Set against a background of gangland violence as various factions struggle for overall control (both girlfriend/boyfriend have significant gang ties in their past). Turn over rocks when looking for something, find nasty critters underneath.

Setting appears to be Brazil/Peru with the serial numbers filed off (both countries have large Japanese descended populations).

I liked the show's energy and story telling, but it is a road trip style of show.

I don't remember at what point the the darker elements start showing up, so I don't know if you have already seen some of that. If you have and they didn't engage you then the entire show is probably not for you.

Leave a comment:

• russ869
    replied

I loved this show. It really seemed like it could've taken place in the same world as Black Lagoon (although of course the characters it follows are very different). I don't know if I can say it really ever becomes more than it is in the first few episodes. If you didn't like the beginning, you probably won't like the rest either.

Leave a comment:

• One Vorlon
    started a topic Michiko & Hatchin - Worth a Second Look?

Michiko & Hatchin - Worth a Second Look?

Back when it debuted, I started watching Michiko & Hatchin on Adult Swim/Toonami. But somewhere, after the first three or four episodes, I just lost interest. Now that they're having a marathon, is it worth a second look? And does it ever become more than just a woman and a little girl looking for their ex-boyfriend/father in a vaguely Latin American setting?
Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X